2014 Scott Genius LT

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sooo similar!

I really like the looks of the Genius, and allegedly 12.3kgs. It would be a weapon.

Shame Speccy have given up on smaller wheels haha

floody

Wheel size expert
Will be interesting. They've got rid of the unreliable, barely functional bespoke rear shock, so I'm hoping when the specs hit it will confirm that they've quit the 'XC-bike-on-stilts' geometry that the old one had and if its 12.3kg thats an amazing turn around, I mean that places it a solid 2kg lighter than the old one. The base model alloy LT was 16 flipping kilograms!

The old bike really was just too much in all the wrong ways for most places outside the European alps, and the rear shock was abysmal.

Last edited:

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will be interesting. They've got rid of the unreliable, barely functional bespoke rear shock, so I'm hoping when the specs hit it will confirm that they've quit the 'XC-bike-on-stilts' geometry that the old one had and if its 12.3kg thats an amazing turn around, I mean that places it a solid 2kg lighter than the old one. The base model alloy LT was 16 flipping kilograms!

The old bike really was just too much in all the wrong ways for most places outside the European alps, and the rear shock was abysmal.
Fox shock across the whole Scott range is very exciting. It was the one thing that really held them back.. Should be one of the best bikes for 2014 I reckon.

The 2013 genius retained the xc bike feel, it felt a bit safe and dull I think.. This one looks a little more aggressive, so hopefully they've fixed it up and have made something worth riding. Doesn't look like it's coming to Australia though..

I wonder what the fork is? A 170mm fox fork with lockout..