2014 XC world champs

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Absalon. Amazing.

Really enjoyed that race, watching Schurter and Absalon side by side up the climb. The BMX section downhill.

Anyone know what happened to Dan Mc? Saw him get a puncture early, and then he is listed as a DNF?

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Absalon. Amazing.

Really enjoyed that race, watching Schurter and Absalon side by side up the climb. The BMX section downhill.

Anyone know what happened to Dan Mc? Saw him get a puncture early, and then he is listed as a DNF?
Second puncture according to twitter!

MarioM

Likes Dirt
How was Schurter`s OTB in the rocks . He may have fractured a wrist not sure though . Did anyone else catch the talk of a new wheel size between 27.5 and 29 and that it was maybe in the race ? Not sure if that`s a leg pull on behalf of Rob and Bart !

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I caught the banter. Nino's wheels have been marked '600' for a while. 29 = 622, 27.5 = 584. The talk was saying a big player was backing it leads me to think it's something Scott want to push. I can see Giant being interested as they scrapped their 29ers because they couldn't make Maestro work without having a super long wheelbase/chainstays (scrapped 29er hardtails as well to try and go full force behind the '27.5 is best for everything' mantra). Another in between might keep those saying that 27.5 is too close to 26 from jumping ship to Trek/Specialized/Cannondale who have a functional 29er duallie and are commited to the big wheels.

akashra

Eats Squid
I caught the banter. Nino's wheels have been marked '600' for a while. 29 = 622, 27.5 = 584. The talk was saying a big player was backing it leads me to think it's something Scott want to push. I can see Giant being interested as they scrapped their 29ers because they couldn't make Maestro work without having a super long wheelbase/chainstays (scrapped 29er hardtails as well to try and go full force behind the '27.5 is best for everything' mantra). Another in between might keep those saying that 27.5 is too close to 26 from jumping ship to Trek/Specialized/Cannondale who have a functional 29er duallie and are commited to the big wheels.
I wish you were joking :/

I expect the next big thing is going to be multi-chamber configurations in the tyres - and don't expect there to be just one design, like the Schwalbe one we've seen.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
I wish you were joking :/

I expect the next big thing is going to be multi-chamber configurations in the tyres - and don't expect there to be just one design, like the Schwalbe one we've seen.
I'm waiting for wheels with corners.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
I'm waiting for wheels with corners.
I will pre order now thanks ! I always drooled over Nino`s bike but did not notice until now of the 600 on the tyres . Strange they mentioned it now , have watched every world cup this year and don`t remember mention , Nino`s bike was always referred to as the 27.5 Scott machine . So how long now i wonder till the push and marketing hype come ?