2015 951 evo dvo

MB

Intense Australia
Hi RB'ers,

Thought I'd put up a quick post about the limited edition 951 EVO DVO. We are bringing a few of these sweet rigs into Australia, landing around late October.

Spec is absolutely top notch, you couldn't ask for a better spec.

DVO Emerald USD Fork
DVO Jade rear shock
SRAM XO DH 7 speed drivetrain
SRAM XO DH Carbon cranks
Saint Brakes
Spank Spike finishing kit, fully colour coded green.

Check out this link to Luca Cometti Shredding this weapon in SoCal:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/luca-cometti-vs-special-edition-951-evo-dvo.html

Numbers are limited, if you would like to get your hands on one hit up your local Intense dealer.

Cheers

Attachments

scblack

Leucocholic
I saw at least a couple of them on the Intense stand and DVO stands at Interbike - you could not put together a better looking bike in my opinion.

I was very very tempted to attempt to walk away with one.......:behindsofa: Wonder how far I would have got?

driftking

Wheel size expert
Does the suspension come stock or is it tuned to the 951 leverage?

Nice. But too green. Would look 10x better with the black forks imo.
I disagree. I actually did a edit to see what it would look like.

The green was definitely the right choice in my opinion. Each to their own when it comes to looks though.

Last edited:

MB

Intense Australia
Does the suspension come stock or is it tuned to the 951 leverage?

I disagree. I actually did a edit to see what it would look like.

The green was definitely the right choice in my opinion. Each to their own when it comes to looks though.
Show us the edit DK! Would be keen to see what it looks like. I saw this bike in the flesh in SoCal earlier this year, and trust me the images do it no justice at all!

The suspension is tuned for the EVO's ratio as well, but the DVO stuff is insanely easy to tune. Bryson Martin from DVO was there at the Intense Distro meeting and took us through the features of DVO suspension and also showed us the little cartridge system that they use to swap tunes in the fork and shock, its great. I've also ridden one of these bikes equipped with DVO front and rear - this fork has changed my thinking of USD forks (I currently run a Dorado on my evo) - this fork rides as stiff as a 40, while the fork still exhibits a small amount of flex with the trusty 'ol front wheel between the knees test (nowhere near as flexy as Dorado but about the same as a boxxer) it stiffens up the further you get it down the travel. Bryson explained to us that the lower arch/leg protector has a small amount of flex right off the top to aid suppleness then the carbon is laid up in a way that allows the arch to stiffen up when it is torqued up with sideways or twisting loads. I didn't believe it at first but it is definitely true. It is truly a high end suspension package that is equal to or better than Cane Creek or other high end manufacturers' offerings.

driftking

Wheel size expert
looks amazing in real photos.
I am curious, is there many reviews on the jade out there, the fork seems to be tested pretty well, although I have not seen any massive long term testing comparing it to other forks. The jade seems to be in the shadows a little.

Or maybe I am just behind the 8ball and have missed all the articles.