2015 Norco Range A7.2

Jonb1760

Squid
Has anyone swapped the stock Norco seat Post with a Rock Shox 125mm dropper. Standard post is 350mm but the Rock Shox is 380mm. I am 179cm so I wouldn't need the post all the way down so I'm guessing it will fit. Just wanted to see if anyone has already done it.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
So at 179 its a large frame you are riding ? For us short arses , droppers can be a bit of guesswork , especially where leg length is concerned . While it does not matter when the seat is down , if you are off in setup measurement for extension cause you bought one thats too long in body it becomes expensive . The sight looks like it will take a longish seat tube so all you really need to do is to download the tech specs of said reverb , mark your existing post with min / max spec of the reverb and then measure to work out whether the 125 drop suits your optimum pedaling efficiency .
I`ve probably made a meal of this , so the brains trust can correct me .

Jonb1760

Squid
So at 179 its a large frame you are riding ? For us short arses , droppers can be a bit of guesswork , especially where leg length is concerned . While it does not matter when the seat is down , if you are off in setup measurement for extension cause you bought one thats too long in body it becomes expensive . The sight looks like it will take a longish seat tube so all you really need to do is to download the tech specs of said reverb , mark your existing post with min / max spec of the reverb and then measure to work out whether the 125 drop suits your optimum pedaling efficiency .
I`ve probably made a meal of this , so the brains trust can correct me .
Thanx Mario. Thanx for the info. All good. just a small correction it's a Med. Range. When I specked it I was right in the border between Med and Large so I went smaller. Feels fine and great to ride so happy with the decision. I have done countless measurements and have come up with the following. All approx.
Ride height for leg length from seat post clamp to top of seat is 275mm. Seat 50mm, seat clamp 35mm, full extension 125mm, dropper post collar 35mm. So that leaves 30mm of post below collar to seat post clamp. If all my sums are correct that should leave 155mm in the frame, currently I have 185mm. I currently ride a little low for the downhill bits. Plenty of room for my mid life growth spurt.