2015 Santa Cruz Bronson V2

kane1174

Likes Bikes
Treated myself to a Christmas present this year.
Decided on the "stealth" look that everyone is going for...:pound:
Bike specs are standard from Santa Cruz for now:
Frame - 2105 Santa Cruz Bronson V2 carbon cc large
Rear shock - Fox float X factory EVOL
Front shock/fork - Rockshox Pike RCT3 150 solo air
Handlebars - Santa Cruz Carbon 800mm bar, 35mm clamp (will end up cutting down)
Stem - Easton Haven aluminium 35mm clamp
Headset - Cane Creek 110 series
Grips - Santa Cruz Palmdale
Saddle - WTB Silerado SLT
Seatpost - Rockshox Reverb Stealth
Front brake -SRAM Guide Ultimate
Rear brake - SRAM Guide Ultimate
Cranks - Race Face SL Carbon 32t
Chain - SRAM XX1
Pedals - Crank Brothers Candy 11
Rear derailleur - SRAM XX1
Rear shifter - SRAM XX1
Cassette - SRAM XG1195
Front hub - Industry Nine Torch 110 X 15
Rear hub - Industry Nine Torch 148 X 12
Front rim - Easton ARC 27
Rear rim - Easton ARC 27
Tyres - Maxxis Minon DHR2
Total weight - 12.6kg inc pedals

Will be adding Zelvy Carbon rims and a bash guard in a couple of weeks and then all done.
No ride report as I broke my neck out riding a month ago so still of the bike for a couple more, have a heap of my friends offering to test ride it to make sure it's "safe" for me but she will be hanging on the wall until I'm ready to get back on.
Big thanks to all the guys at for the riders for their awesome help.

Attachments

Last edited:

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
apart from the little red logos on the tyres you can hardly notice it's
there...........:pound:
ooooh sarcasm how i love thee........

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome bike! I'm currently piecing together a black one for my mate right now and I might have to upgrade my v1 bronson haha..

redline316

Likes Dirt
She looks sweet, bummer about your neck dude hopefully not to much longer and you can get out and take it for a spin.

Flint

Likes Dirt
Nice build. I am looking at upgrading my V1 Bronson (alloy) to the V2 carbon at the end of this year. I figure I need to get at least 3 years between upgrades or I am just wasting money and frames are soooo expensive these days. Or I might just try one of those Canyon frames.

Sorry to hear about your injury. The serious ones really do knock you around. I broke my leg in September 2014 and its still fucked. At least I can ride, had 8 months off the bike and that was with me getting back on way to early :-/

Cheers

kane1174

Likes Bikes
Nice build. I am looking at upgrading my V1 Bronson (alloy) to the V2 carbon at the end of this year. I figure I need to get at least 3 years between upgrades or I am just wasting money and frames are soooo expensive these days. Or I might just try one of those Canyon frames.

Sorry to hear about your injury. The serious ones really do knock you around. I broke my leg in September 2014 and its still fucked. At least I can ride, had 8 months off the bike and that was with me getting back on way to early :-/

Cheers
Nearly had a heart attack myself at bike prices now as its been about 4 years since I last brought one. Coming from a 26er there wasn't much to transfer over so just decided on all new, try and keep ahead of trend this time as I don't think I'd be able to talk the wife into in again.

Hoping March but I'll see as I don't want get back on early and do further damage then that already done.

Last edited:

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sweet looking ride indeed. With all that black on black I can scarcely make anything out on it! ;^)

Definitely rest up and don't get tempted into riding sooner than you should. Injuries are inconvenient, but this one sounds like it could have been life changing.

Looking forward to hearing your first ride report - hopefully the wheelsize, axle and handlebar standards won't have changed again by then. ;^)

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sweet sweet ride dude! Almost bought one of these over a yeti solely for that colour!

Where'd you get he custom decals for the rims done?

kane1174

Likes Bikes
Sweet sweet ride dude! Almost bought one of these over a yeti solely for that colour!

Where'd you get he custom decals for the rims done?
Decals from Silk Graphics.

Funny as it was between a Yeti and the Bronson for me as well, the colour pushed me to the Bronson as I loved it that much.

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Decals from Silk Graphics.

Funny as it was between a Yeti and the Bronson for me as well, the colour pushed me to the Bronson as I loved it that much.
Too funny, cheers for getting back to me about the decals. Think I might be getting a set or two!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Hey mate, the v2 Bronson is at the top of my new bike list. I'm wondering if you have any reports on the climbing ability with the v2? From what I'm reading on the US forums it's pretty good, but it would be great top get some feedback from Aussie riders and on local trails. I assume you live in QLD if you bought the bike from FTR?

Did you get to demo the bike before you broke your neck or have any of your mates had a ride for you? :)

kane1174

Likes Bikes
Hey mate, the v2 Bronson is at the top of my new bike list. I'm wondering if you have any reports on the climbing ability with the v2? From what I'm reading on the US forums it's pretty good, but it would be great top get some feedback from Aussie riders and on local trails. I assume you live in QLD if you bought the bike from FTR?

Did you get to demo the bike before you broke your neck or have any of your mates had a ride for you? :)
Still no ride report, brace came off today so hopefully on it soon. Didn't get a chance to test ride a v2 as FTR only had v1 demo bikes at the time but they do have a v2 demo now if you're local to them. The v1 wasn't to bad of a climber and I'd read the same reports about the new one and I loved the Bronson so I just went for it.

No way in hell anyone is throwing a leg over this bike before me so no friends on it yet...:heh:

Gripo

Eats Squid
interested in hearing your ride report...

heard a story from a LBS that has me concerned about the V2 new geo...V1 owner upgraded and found that he now struggled to get use to weaker climbing and slow corner turn in....

mini nomad?

BT180

Max Pfaff
interested in hearing your ride report...

heard a story from a LBS that has me concerned about the V2 new geo...V1 owner upgraded and found that he now struggled to get use to weaker climbing and slow corner turn in....

mini nomad?
That goes against all the v2 reviews/reports/forum posts I've read. The v2 is apparently more flickable and climbs better with the steeper seat angle and shorter chain stays.