2015 Santa Cruz V10

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
unfortunately its only a v8.5 though... not really a true v10.

ill stick with my current v10c for a while longer... which has still won two championships.

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Mate of my got a quote the other day 13k with enve
wheelset, looks like frames will be about 6k or there abouts

Have owned all the v10 bikes over the years.

But with prices that high don't think I will get a new one

With the frames now being made in China I find the price a disgrace

Was looking at getting a frame new forks and some new deemax when there out

It's just to costly for a bike
6k frame only.... Farrkkk!! Just saying that out loud makes my butt cheeks want to go suck on a lime.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Weren't they quoting $5700 U.S for a full build? How can a frame only be $6000 AU?

Doesn't seem right. Then again buying most things in Aust doesn't seem right.

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Weren't they quoting $5700 U.S for a full build? How can a frame only be $6000 AU?

Doesn't seem right. Then again buying most things in Aust doesn't seem right.
Thought I read somewhere there's 2 level carbon frames, the top tier(potential 6k) frame and one made from recycled ice cream containers(included with the 5k complete) :third:

jmeers

Likes Dirt
Cost of the new v10 frames are $5499

Complete bikes are $8500 & $125O0

Brought the 2014 model frame with db air for $4200

Was looking looking at getting a new frame plus new deemax and fox 40

Can't see where the extra $$$ are coming from for a frame

driftking

Wheel size expert
At some point people are going to realise that their 6k dh bike has the ability to be just as fast as these other 10k or 12k bikes we see on the market, and that, that ability to go as fast is not in spending more money on their kit but in them as the rider getting better.
Lets be honest if the worlds fastest riders have no problem with their kit than neither should anyone else, if anyone is actually reaching the limits of a bike its them.

Anyone know if these prices can be justified in terms of production. We saw a jump in pricing with the carbon, but now its becoming more common practice I thought the pricing would drop as it became more standard. What is the typical cost for carbon manufacturing compared to alloy? Are we paying for the X-factor of carbon? or is it really that much more costly to produce....

I like this angle of the white one ... and those ENVE wheels looks awesome matching the colour scheme on bottom of the downtube.

View attachment 303784
You realise this is not just a different angle but a different paint. its got black on it where the other one appears to not have it. While its impossible to see under the other shot you can see the seat tube does not have the black fill that this one does. I like this one. not a fan of the one without the black.

Last edited:

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So has anyone bothered to look at the SC web sight and see the V10 pricing .
V10 , XO1 DH with enve wheel set .
$15498.00
You can actually build the bike cheaper using the same parts . WTF are these people thinking ? .

Last edited:

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is the drop in the AUD to blame (to some degree) for the price increase? Have other bikes gone up?

jmeers

Likes Dirt
Even the frames are to much at $5499
Have the 2014 model which was $4200 with the db air
Can't see were the extra cost comes for the new frame

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So has the high pricing changed people's plans or turned them off the bike?

Last edited:

jmeers

Likes Dirt
Couldn't see the demand being high at this price. Crazy money unless your a massive Santa Cruz fan and have to have one.
Being a huge Santa Cruz fan, having owned all the previous V10 models

I will not be getting the new one, can't see many other people getting one at that crazy price

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Couldn't see the demand being high at this price. Crazy money unless your a massive Santa Cruz fan and have to have one.
Let's be honest, who is going to be paying 3.5k + for a set of Enve wheels.

There are some carbon Am and Enduro frames into the late $4k price tag, ad on top of that retail prices of 11sp drive train, top of the range dropper posts, Ence wheels, forks etc and you're up in the $11-$12k range.