2016 Cairns WC ?

i_s

Likes Bikes
The UCI has released dates for the Cairns round next year, but whats the latest on when tickets etc will be available?

Have a leave pass burning a hole in my pocket...

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
I live in Cairns (well, Atherton, which is close enough)
I also volunteered at the 2014 WC driving the DH shuttles, don't quote me on this but given the size of the venue and the number of spectators I would think that it is highly unlikely that there will be a cap on tickets.
There were no grandstands erected in 2014 so an entry ticket gave you access to the entire park.
Given that the DH and XC all finished in the same location you could walk to any vantage point you choose.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Also might be worth putting your hand up as a marshal/general vollie.... My sis was camped out on Jacobs Ladder for the men's elite XC and got a few free feeds and merch

Stinky

Likes Dirt
Volunteering is definatley a good way to see a World Cup, I spent a few years chasing the WC around Europe doing this. As for ticket sales, this will most likely be an Jan sort of thing. Dont worry, it wont sell out. Get in and book flights and accom. With ANZAC day, it will be a long weekend so should be a great trip.

i_s

Likes Bikes
So I assume the dh will be on the Saturday as per this season??

Also, did the other local trails (ie Atherton etc) get congested that weekend? Thoughts on if it's still worth taking a bike up?

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
So I assume the dh will be on the Saturday as per this season??

Also, did the other local trails (ie Atherton etc) get congested that weekend? Thoughts on if it's still worth taking a bike up?
Assume yes for the DH.
As for Atherton being congested on WC week! hell no!
There are 55-60 km of purpose built single track [I ride them 3 - 4 time a week] you could put 500 riders in to the park on any given day and hardly see another rider except from 2000 metres away across the valleys or hear the echoes of whoops of joy bouncing around the valley.

Seriously mate if you can, bring your bike, post up on here when you head up this way and I'm sure a bunch of friendly locals would be happy to show you the trails

beejay

Likes Dirt
Seriously mate if you can, bring your bike, post up on here when you head up this way and I'm sure a bunch of friendly locals would be happy to show you the trails
i_s. Definitely bring your bike up. Always keen for a spin around Atherton. Post up when ya' gonna be in town.

Last edited:
Are they going to use the same course which is at Smithfield or are they planning on building anything new? Just curious, since there a few good track on the other side which some enduro race has been using.