2016 Club MUD King of Ballarat

jcweston351

Likes Dirt
2016 Club M.U.D. King of Ballarat

Coota & the trail crew at Club M.U.D. have only made repairs & slight adjustments to the existing tracks at Black Hill this year. Big changes are likely to occur in mid 2016/early 2017.

NOTE: the dates for this years event have been brought forward a month to late May, this is due to the Black Hill MTB park development as council will be commencing track works sometime after July 2016.

First track to be raced will be 'Open Cut' as this will be the first track to be fully re-made in the Black Hill MTB park development, this will be the last time you can race the track in it's current form as is the case for the rest of the trails.

Dates for the 2016 King of Ballarat are as follows...

Round 1. Sunday May 29th

Round 2. Sunday June 26th

Round 3. Sunday July 24th

As per usual, there will be unofficial FREE practice on the Saturday before each race from 10am tracks will have been bunted raked & prepared Friday prior. Please be aware that there will be no first aid, marshals or support on Saturday, so take it easy. We also ask that you please respect our neighbors & keep speeds, noise,dust & mud to a minimum.

The Club & Dynamite cycles will be running shuttles on the Saturday afternoon, limited seats available, book through Cass & Trent at Dynamite Cycles. For riders self shuttling on Saturday, we request that you pick-up at the bridge crossing cnr Queen & Morres St's. Parking will only be permitted in the new parking area accessible via Newman St., do not block driveways etc. We have the full support & co-operation of the Ballarat city council so we really do not want to jeopardize this partnership.

NOTE: No parking is permitted on Whitefield St.

Major supporters for 2016 will be... Dynamite cycles, the City of Ballarat & Ballarat Regional Tourism.

Schedule for this years event will run as follows...

8.00am Registration & official practice begins.
11.00am Registration closes.
12 noon Practice finishes.
12 noon - 1.00pm break for food & refreshment.
(During this time there will also be a special 'Little Muddies' race for all our future racers) So bring your kids & their bikes. (adults can assist).
12.30pm riders breifing
1.00pm marshals & officials to be in position.
1.30pm racing commences 2x timed runs of same track.
once all competitors have finished their runs, track will be closed followed shortly by Presentations.
4.00pm event will be officially closed.

Cost for this year will be...

Club MUD members includes 1x race plate... $45
Non Members includes 1x race plate... $55
MTBA Day License if required... $20
Mini Muddies race will be... FREE
Replacement race plates will be an additional $5 so save yourself some cash & make sure you remove them from your bike before the trip home.

Race classes will be...

A grade
B grade
C grade
D grade
Over 35's
Under 15's. (this will be based upon the rider turning 15 after the event)
Open Women
Little Muddies

Points for the event will be calculated using the Victorian State Series points system as this will create a fairer, more level playing field for all competitors.

These events are not possible without the help of Volunteers, if anybody can help us out over the event we will be needing Marshals, Rego &
Timing personnel etc... so please ask your parents/friends etc.

Anyone seeking Accommodation for the event please visit www.visitballarat.com.au & they will only be too happy help you find a place to stay.

President Club MUD.

Keep updated with KOB & Club M.U.D. info via facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-MUD/79327603515

Attachments

moorey

call me Mia
Felix will be racing the series, or the ones we can get to :woot:
I will be shamed into also riding if I can convincingly fake an injury :behindsofa:

12th year anniversary since last racing Black Hill. Can I run my 'heritage plate'?

Edit: What exactly is 'little muddies'? Felix is 10, but fully capable and confident on all the tracks.

jcweston351

Likes Dirt
Hey Moorey, Mini Muddies is for the littlies 9 & Under, just to get them involved in the days activities. We noticed last year how many little kids there were around with Balance bikes etc. & there has also been a noticeable attendance of young kids at the ride nights & days we have held recently... Felix will be in Under 15's.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Intermaresting.......might have a crack, to make moorey look good (someone has to). I'm assuming you have E lines in place for me, so its doable for someone who's ridden neither proper DH or Black Hill before.

The $55 is per race, yeah?

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
Intermaresting.......might have a crack, to make moorey look good (someone has to). I'm assuming you have E lines in place for me, so its doable for someone who's ridden neither proper DH or Black Hill before.

The $55 is per race, yeah?
Right, that's it, if knuckles is doing it, then me too.

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
Ahhh...shame,the great motivator.

Do we enter D grade, or does over 35s encompass old, slow and unco?

Edit: Bring those Codes, I may need brakes at some point.
I think I'd just squeeze into the over 35s. Codes are on the commuter bike now.

moorey

call me Mia
Over 35's is competitive. Like it was when I last raced Vets DH and was flogged 12 years ago....when I still had testicles and a couple of skills. But over 35's you must race.

Think you need an over 45's category Jason. Those under 35's balls have barely dropped.

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
Over 35's is competitive. Like it was when I last raced Vets DH and was flogged 12 years ago....when I still had testicles and a couple of skills. But over 35's you must race.

Think you need an over 45's category Jason. Those under 35's balls have barely dropped.
I agree, they are mental. Over 45s required.

jcweston351

Likes Dirt
It's $55 per round...

I don't think it'd make a difference if we made an over 45's category, I went into masters (from vets) in the VDHS last year & thought I'd gotten away from being flogged by the quick blokes only to find out one race later that they had also been bumped into masters... Some of these guys were ex elite riders. I just go to the back of the queue now & have my own race!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
It's $55 per round...

I don't think it'd make a difference if we made an over 45's category, I went into masters (from vets) in the VDHS last year & thought I'd gotten away from being flogged by the quick blokes only to find out one race later that they had also been bumped into masters... Some of these guys were ex elite riders. I just go to the back of the queue now & have my own race!
Cheers, just wanted to make sure I wasn't paying for a full series, only to die a horrific, bloody death, 3' from the start gate.

You may need to invest in a sundial, to make timing me a bit easier :thumb:

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This "might" be my first DH race. If you don't count Gravity Enduro on DH tracks.

A few more years before the +45 for me.

What's the ideal steed for Black Hill, Giant Glory or #soenduro Norco Range?

teK--

Eats Squid
This "might" be my first DH race. If you don't count Gravity Enduro on DH tracks.

A few more years before the +45 for me.

What's the ideal steed for Black Hill, Giant Glory or #soenduro Norco Range?
The Range will handle Open Cut just fine and may actually be faster around the hairpins unless you take the super steep A line.

moorey

call me Mia
The Range will handle Open Cut just fine and may actually be faster around the hairpins unless you take the super steep A line.
I love it on the spitty most.....but thinking of running the old 222 only because knuckles is looking at riding his old DHi... :behindsofa:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Awesome day out, thanks Club Mud. Wrapped with a couple of clean, albeit slow, race runs. Huge turnout, looking forward to the next round.

#hashtag