2016 Fox Racing forks and shocks

Markee

Likes Dirt
Anyone else found 2016 models online yet? So far it seems to be US sites only.
Looking to buy 34's with FIT4 in 150mm and can only get from stores not being able to ship outside US for US$875 which seems to be a good price.
Anyone used Auspost's Shopmate service that gives a US address to post too?

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any reason why you want to spend A$1100 + post + GST on some Fox forks when you could spend much less for Pike, Mattoc, Slant etc?

They seem massively overpriced compared to the competition.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Any reason why you want to spend A$1100 + post + GST on some Fox forks when you could spend much less for Pike, Mattoc, Slant etc?

They seem massively overpriced compared to the competition.
Everyone to their own dude, maybe the OP is a lotto winner and wants to be the first in Aus to have a set?
Also, some people are just plain old brand whores!

Markee

Likes Dirt
In answer to your question blacksp20, mostly from my own opinion of what I've read, used and spoken about to those more knowledgable than me is the reason.
And I posted that and then went and did the currency conversion and realised the landed price.
So still curious as to if anyone's found them outside the U.S. yet, at a better price?
Also sent an email off to Tekin for more info and options I have with my current basic setup.

JT the same could be said for people who spend 7k on an Enduro bike and ride it on the Yarra Trails. Each to their own as you say. And being new to the sport I don't have the acquired knowledge and experience of the other brands. So I'll go with a known entity, with a good long history and products that they stand by.

T.3

Likes Dirt
I got an email from the bike shed mortdale a few days ago, apparently they have an early shipment of shocks and forks in stock.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I got an email from the bike shed mortdale a few days ago, apparently they have an early shipment of shocks and forks in stock.
TBSM only seem to have Float 32 in 100 and 120mm travel from 2016 at the moment.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I wasn't trying to be nasty, I am generally curious is all.
Na dude, I'm with you on that one. I didnt find your post nasty! Just everyone has their own preferences I suppose.

In answer to your question blacksp20, mostly from my own opinion of what I've read, used and spoken about to those more knowledgable than me is the reason.
And I posted that and then went and did the currency conversion and realised the landed price.
So still curious as to if anyone's found them outside the U.S. yet, at a better price?
Also sent an email off to Tekin for more info and options I have with my current basic setup.

JT the same could be said for people who spend 7k on an Enduro bike and ride it on the Yarra Trails. Each to their own as you say. And being new to the sport I don't have the acquired knowledge and experience of the other brands. So I'll go with a known entity, with a good long history and products that they stand by.
Exactly what I'm saying, each to their own.

What bike are you looking to put the 34's on? By all accounts the 2016's are supposed to have come a long way since the less glory filled days of recent years.
I generally like the build quality and "in hand" feel of Fox, but their forks functionality have been lacking for a few years (up to 2015 36's).

If you're genuinely looking for a quality fork that works, there are other options out there that have surpassed Fox in recent years. I would personally wait until the new 2016 range has been well and truly tested, especially if buying from overseas (try warranty a fork in Aus after buying online from a non-Aus distro).

Fox are not cheap and new model Fox are exceptionally expensive.

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt
Everyone to their own dude, maybe the OP is a lotto winner and wants to be the first in Aus to have a set?
Also, some people are just plain old brand whores!
I know Pikes are 'so hot right now' but I know a few people who have switched back to Fox after owning Pikes........

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I know Pikes are 'so hot right now' but I know a few people who have switched back to Fox after owning Pikes........
ANother in the same boat, I'm not much of a fox fanboy, but I am considering dumping the Pike for a new 36 (or lyrik if they don't have a charger damper and are ever released).

Fox has a 20mm axle, stiffer chasis and actual HSC I can adjust, I'd run a pike on a trail bike, but just doesn't feel like a rowdy fork to me.

The price difference from a Pike from ones favourite german online store vs a 36 is extraordinary.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
You'll find it will be worth waiting for them to arrive here as it will be a fair bit cheaper once you add on post and GST and have warranty. The pricing is here is always competitive with the US prices but obviously with the dollar down it may increase a little which is out of Fox and importers control. PS buy 36s they rock:dance:

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
ANother in the same boat, I'm not much of a fox fanboy, but I am considering dumping the Pike for a new 36 (or lyrik if they don't have a charger damper and are ever released).

Fox has a 20mm axle, stiffer chasis and actual HSC I can adjust, I'd run a pike on a trail bike, but just doesn't feel like a rowdy fork to me.

The price difference from a Pike from ones favourite german online store vs a 36 is extraordinary.
Yeees, it's very hard to pass up on a new 'kool-aid' (read: 27.5) Pike at sub-$800...
Very, very tempting.
I have Pikes, I bought them purely because at the time, without a doubt, they were (and possibly still are) the best 150/160mm AM forks on the market when everything is taken into account.
Fox fanboi's can bang on about cool aid and whatever else they want, but the fact remains that Fox lost the crown of the "best fork" to RS with the introduction of the new Pike.
I have no allegiance to any fork manufacturer, and by all accounts the new 36 are excellent and better than Pike is some areas.
Are they good enough for me to drop $1100+ on a set when my Pike are also excellent.... no chance.

When I'm due a change, I'll look at whats available and will decide on what fits my needs and budget. That might be Fox, RS, Manitou, Marzocchi, X-Fusion, BOS or whatever else.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Fox fanboi's can bang on about cool aid and whatever else they want, but the fact remains that Fox lost the crown of the "best fork" to RS with the introduction of the new Pike.
To clarify (although it appears obvious), my kool-aid comment was referring to 27.5, not Pikes in general. :)
I'm actually looking at them for the Spitty... pretty sold on them since a quick fire road spin on a friend's bike a while back.

I think "best" is always going to be subjective anyway, as everyone has different needs and preference to feel.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Serioisly though, with Pikes available out of Germany for under $800 including shipping, they are hard to beat.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
To clarify (although it appears obvious), my kool-aid comment was referring to 27.5, not Pikes in general. :)
I'm actually looking at them for the Spitty... pretty sold on them since a quick fire road spin on a friend's bike a while back.

I think "best" is always going to be subjective anyway, as everyone has different needs and preference to feel.
I wasn't referring to the wheel size as cool aid in the context of my post. Sorry for the confusion.
I had them on my Spitfire and they were excellent. You won't regret it.

And although everyone has their own idea of the best, the industry bench mark has been the pike for the last number of years. There's no denying that.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
For sure, and I'm sure that's what has kicked Fox into gear to bring a competitive product back to the market for trail bikes.

If the new FIT4 is on par it will be good. More choices for the bike builders out there... maybe we won't see Pikes on every single 150/160 bike from here on out. :p