2016 Met Parachute Enduro Helmet - release date?

DamionGiersch

Likes Bikes
I contacted the Australian MET importer/distributor back in June, as I wanted to know if they were bringing in any new/better colours. This is part of the email response, so you can read into this what you will:

"Thanks for the email regarding the MET Parachutes.

The MET brand manager has just let me know that they have 3-4 new colours on order in the Parachute. He expects them to be arriving in late August/September.

I don't know the colourways unfortunately at this stage, but he has told me that they will be a lot brighter than the two colour options we have at present."​

USJ

Likes Dirt
I just bought one and had the chance to wear it for the first time in Moab Utah. Having worn regular open and fullface (even high end carbon models), I have to say that this is the perfect balance. It is slightly warmer than a good open face helmet (but no hotter than some crap open face helmets I've had), but the breathability is awesome. I never felt any issues breathing, even in high altitude and desert rides. A few times when I knew I had longer climbing/Xc sections, I took the cheek pads out and it was basically no different feeling that an open helmet.

And on all of the crazy technical lines, it gave me the confidence that I was protected. I thankfully did not have the chance to test its crash capabilities, but I am satisfied with the testing it has passed.

I love it and the only thing that would keep me from wearing it all the time is fear of looking like an agro enduro dork on an XC ride.

DamionGiersch

Likes Bikes
I emailed AdvancedTraders earlier this week, and received an update today. The following is taken from the response I received, and I've added dates to avoid confusion:

"Good news mate, we are expecting a 40ft container of these helmets, mid next week. So should be available for despatch by next Friday (16th October 2015) all things going to plan.

New colours:

• Matt Cyan/Green
  • Matt Black/Green
  • Matt White
"

I will be buying one of the Matt Cyan/Green ones as soon as they're available, and don't even care about the cost. Has to be better than concussion and potential root canal work from OTB incidents.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got my red and black one yesterday (2015) , haven't ridden it on a ride yet but it feels nice and light & fits well.

Can't wait to give it a whirl on the track.

DamionGiersch

Likes Bikes
They're here in Australia!!!

The new Parachute's are in Australia - looks like the first county in the world where you can actually buy (some of) the new colours. Bicycle Centre Boggo Road (QLD) has them in store already, at same price as last year.

I've got one on order from Bicycle Centre Mitcham (SA), and will hopefully have it in my big hot hands by Wednesday 21st October. Can hardly wait :D

Am super happy that the Aussie distributor has somehow managed to sell them at the same RRP as the previous colours.

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
interested in these, but think id like the ability to take the chainbar off like the bell 2r for xc rides. what price are people paying?

DamionGiersch

Likes Bikes
interested in these, but think id like the ability to take the chainbar off like the bell 2r for xc rides. what price are people paying?
The chin bar is not removable. I paid $249 for mine from LBS in South Australia.

Wore mine for 2 X 10 km rides on the weekend with a heap of climbing and downhills. Didn't seem to overheat me, but there were cool breezes on both days, and can definitely feel the ventilation.

I'm loving mine!