2016 Nomad - the beginning of a new era...

NoFilter

Likes Dirt
Done a bit more reading since your previous testimonial... I'm pretty much sold LOL. Shame NS is in QLD. Did you opt to have the shim stack custom tuned for you?
Why is it a shame NSD is in Qld? Postage is only a couple of days either way so you can get a fork happening real quick. Alternatively if you want a local experience with the touchey feely thing go see Jeremy at chain brain in dromana. He's a dealer and might even have a demo for you to try on the trails down there. Rad dude with tons of experience and knowledge, go down and see him he will look after you., dromana is only 50 mins from Melbourne and they have an awesome trail network down there.

I run the standard tune I my fork for my 86kg weight, I find it has more than enough range for me. Depending on your riding style you might need a lighter compression tune but you won't know until you ride one.

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
Why is it a shame NSD is in Qld? Postage is only a couple of days either way so you can get a fork happening real quick. Alternatively if you want a local experience with the touchey feely thing go see Jeremy at chain brain in dromana. He's a dealer and might even have a demo for you to try on the trails down there. Rad dude with tons of experience and knowledge, go down and see him he will look after you., dromana is only 50 mins from Melbourne and they have an awesome trail network down there.

I run the standard tune I my fork for my 86kg weight, I find it has more than enough range for me. Depending on your riding style you might need a lighter compression tune but you won't know until you ride one.
I'd like to see them in person, don't necessarily need to touch them LOL, and support the local shops nearby. A demo would be rad, will get in touch with Chain Brain.
Otherwise I'll just order a set from one of the LBS's I frequent.

Bretto172

Likes Dirt
Update

Digging up this thread.. Did the OP end up with a CCDBA on the Nomad? I have one at the moment but considering switching to a coil. Been keen to hear how you ended up?

Sweet setup.
Cheers

NoFilter

Likes Dirt
Digging up this thread.. Did the OP end up with a CCDBA on the Nomad? I have one at the moment but considering switching to a coil. Been keen to hear how you ended up?

Sweet setup.
Cheers
Hey Bretto sweet dig! In answer to your question I didn't end up doing the CCDBA on the Nomad as there was no stock available at the time I wanted to do it. And now if I were to be completely honest it would be a case of my desire for the CCDBA being greater than the amount of spare coin I have to throw at a shock. Also, in between then and now I have just built up a new XC bike so budget for fancy rear shocks is now gone.

At the time of the build I had come off a DVO Jade coil (the 3 150-160mm trail bikes before that were CCDBA equipped) so was used to a beautiful plush rear end and so the Monarch was initially a letdown. Now I've run a few different setups in it I'm pretty happy with the Monarch, needs a token or two in the positive chamber to give it a bit more pop but I would still love to see how it runs with a different/better shock, DVO or CCDB, maybe we will see what happens when the tax return hits.

Maybe I'll wait and see what happens with the 2017 bikes, the nomad might come out with a spec change? I know that CG has been talking to Santa Cruz about doing a limited edition bike but I think it fell upon deaf ears. Just imagine a limited edition DVO Nomad. DROOL.