2016 Orange 324 RS

heavyp

You heard it here first
I thought there was something a little different with Harry Heaths bike when I saw the extra material near the seat tube, but turns out its 27.5" also.

Bit surprised that Dirt have not mentioned this yet unless they saved it for there magazine that is getting crapper and crapper ever issue due to hardly any content and it being all over the net before it gets published.

ProtoOrange.jpg
10376073_1434452050159386_3656361301360439538_n.jpg

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
Is it just me or does other people think orange need to just ditch the old design and try something new.
Their bikes just seems to be stuck in the past and not really developing with the new technology.

Something about them has still always felt old. Ok Its impossible to conclude on that based on the looks and never riding one but they seem like they are just making fine tuning changes to each new frame when its base is already out dated.

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is one UGLY frame......They really need to look at a design change, the 'Classic' Orange look is not a timeless look. But I bet it rides great, and sounds like a tin can full of rocks, rolling down a hill. :llama:

moorey

call me Mia
It's just you, DK. My freshly rebuilt 02 patriot rides nicer and faster than any of my modern bikes of same weight and spec.
What's the travel, Paul? Looks like 8" would have that rear wheel hitting the seat tube.

edit. And Fred. I've got 99% of the rattles and noises I remember from my 222, out of my patriot. I'll take one...in 26"

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I should clarify to say that I'm not against Orange's design ideas and I actually find the older 223's etc. quite appealing, but this particular model looks very perched upright with ugly lines and a horrible colour scheme.
Since they seem to be moving further and further away from their original design idea (monocoque, high pivot) I don't really see the benefit over a multitude of other single pivot bikes.

Speaking of the good old days, I'd rather have one of these:

moorey

call me Mia
I should clarify to say that I'm not against Orange's design ideas and I actually find the older 223's etc. quite appealing, but this particular model looks very perched upright with ugly lines and a horrible colour scheme.
Since they seem to be moving further and further away from their original design idea (monocoque, high pivot) I don't really see the benefit over a multitude of other single pivot bikes.

Speaking of the good old days, I'd rather have one of these:
I liked the shuttle shock mount on my 222. You could alter the geo in seconds.
Agreed though, 223 over 332 any day.
Loving my patriot even more though :second:

Attachments

Last edited:

heavyp

You heard it here first
I like it British innit! It would look better with the new boxxers and less stickers, Harry Heath no denying that but I think Orange themselves should have a DH team again or Dirt should fork out the money for a top 10 rider, be great to see them back on the Podium like the good old Peaty days.

Orange are a bit stuck in there ways when it comes to the dh scene but I kinda like that, they should of went with the 225 linkage driven single pivot bike and refined it even more instead of not coming up with anything new for years (by testing the 225) and changing the bike completely at the last minute (322) and it not getting the best reviews like the 224 was used to getting when a CCDB was attached to it.
p4pb3564537.jpg

They did have a few designs back in the day which didn't take off.
p4pb1887470.jpg
p4pb5908.jpg

jbg

Likes Dirt
I'm one for believing Orange need to move on with a new frame design.
Think it will be hard for them to sell this bike in the 2015 market with all the big brands having exciting new bikes in their 15 lineups.
To me it looks like a 98-03 freeride bike, I love old bikes but not sure if this will appeal to the younger generation of DH riders looking for a new sled.
Would be great to see Orange compete with the big guns again.

btw this-
is Missy Gioves old bike from the Global days. She didn't like the 222 design so had Orange replicate her Foes DH Mono

heavyp

You heard it here first
ugly looking bike. Orange really needs to update the frame design.
How dare you, she's a beauty! Just needs to be British racing green less decals and have the new boxxers bolted onto the front of it.

farkus

Likes Dirt
Simple and it works. If its not broke, don't fix it.

Although, does sound like a filing cabinet coming down the hill.

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Very nice! Though I kind of miss the resonating chamber swingarm. How else will everyone in your postcode know you're out doing runs?:tape2:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Looks like they've gotten all retrospective and rehashed Peatys old bumble bee 223!

I think looks great though, kept their signature lines, trimmed the fat and hopefully improved the ride. I'd ride it.