2016 Slash 9.8

Ivan

Eats Squid
I think "Trek Week" is happening next week in the states, so I expect further announcements after that.

I am waiting to see what the 2016 Remedy 29 looks like.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I am waiting to see what the 2016 Remedy 29 looks like.
Given the alloy frame is only 2 seasons old and the carbon one less than one, I'd expect mainly cosmetic alterations rather than anything major. They'll still be uber purty though.

No prizes for guessing the alloy frame will be all Boosty 148 this year...

Ivan

Eats Squid
Given the alloy frame is only 2 seasons old and the carbon one less than one, I'd expect mainly cosmetic alterations rather than anything major. They'll still be uber purty though.

No prizes for guessing the alloy frame will be all Boosty 148 this year...
I was hoping for shorter chainstays like the fuel got this year

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I was hoping for shorter chainstays like the fuel got this year
I've been smashing around on a 2015 9.8 for the last few months and at no point have I thought "jeez I wish those chainstays were shorter" - most of the time my brain is a miasma of HOWTHEF***DIDIJUSTDOTHATOMGTHISBIKEISINSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANEEE

So yeah, get one.

Ivan

Eats Squid
I've been smashing around on a 2015 9.8 for the last few months and at no point have I thought "jeez I wish those chainstays were shorter" - most of the time my brain is a miasma of HOWTHEF***DIDIJUSTDOTHATOMGTHISBIKEISINSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANEEE

So yeah, get one.

I am of the short legged-short armed variety of human, so I need all the help I can get to be able to get my weight over the rear axle for manuals, sick wheelies, and general shredding gnar. I currently have a 29er with 17.5" chainstays, so I know I would prefer shorter.

Also the top tubes on the current models seem short when compared to the seat tube lengths, which means a dropper isn't going to work properly for me.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I am of the short legged-short armed variety of human, so I need all the help I can get to be able to get my weight over the rear axle for manuals, sick wheelies, and general shredding gnar. I currently have a 29er with 17.5" chainstays, so I know I would prefer shorter.

Also the top tubes on the current models seem short when compared to the seat tube lengths, which means a dropper isn't going to work properly for me.
One of my mates is 5'7 and after dropping the seat had a go on mine (an XL with a 50mm stem). Within 5 minutes he was manualling everywhere and generally riding like a complete idiot. He eventually returned it. These bikes are definitely more than the sum of their geo figures - but you're right the ETT is short for its size.

Considered the 650b Remedy? The spec compared to the 29ers is weird (2x10 instead of 1x11?) but I'd wager they're still ridiculously fun.

And that blue Slash looks sweeeeeeet.

Capt.Gumby

Likes Dirt
I have the 2015 9.8 Slash and could not recommend it enough! Surprised how well it climbs considering its geo, nothing quick though. Coming down is where it really shines. Dont hesitate if you are considering ordering one, you will not be disappointed.

Treker

Squid
I have the 2014 Slash 8 and its my love.
I did last years bright 24 on my Fuel ex9 and took the Slash for a spare.
All of my laps were within a minute of eachother, I took the Slash out just
to see how it would compare and still got the same time, this all considering
that the fastest down hill section was congested and I didnt get a clear run.
Only wish it was 1x gearing.