2017 Commencal MetaV4.2 Fox Edition

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very keen to hear some feedback, I've been umming and ahhing over a new trailbike and with the new local distributor the pricing on the TR is pretty delicious. It would look very nice sitting next to my Supreme V4

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
The minion has to go though, even new bike legs couldn't reduce the drag and reduction of speed on the flatter bits of trail, before where I could pump I had to pedal otherwise it was like having an anchor out
Yeah, my Norco Sight came with the same tyre on the back. Replaced it with a Minion SS and felt a noticeable difference in pedalling efficiency and rolling resistance.

No good in the mud, but.

beno

Cycle Solutions
Ive ordered a ardent race 2.35, which is going to be a lot lighter and a lot more loose but the bike should be a bullet with it on :) will see how much difference it makes good and bad! hopefully it doesn't compromise the decending to much.

Im more reserved when collecting thoughts on a new bike, but don't worry, yes its goooood! Im just not one to jump up and down saying its life changing/best bike in the world etc. Ive had a lot of 160mm travel bikes over the years starting with a 02 stinky deelux, couple of Xtension's (horst linked machines with the original pike) sworks enduro, and the giant with longer stroke shock and pike, so whats new is old to me, in a way Ive come full circle, single pivot to single pivot, the stinky was half polished alloy as well :p.

Sure bikes have got faster, but im not really sure that they are much "better" to ride in general terms of feel and rider enjoyment. If bikes have improved as much as marketing tells us they have since 2002, I should be able to ride this to the moon from the comfort of my lounge chair :). But even over all these years its really only incremental gains, most important thing for me is fun! Have bikes got any more fun since 2002, no not really. One thing that has improved a lot is maintenance, or lack of it! nowdays you just check your tyres pressures and ride, thats pretty much it!

old bloke rant aside, I get the feeling that this bike is one of those bikes that the harder you ride it the better! the giant wasn't like that, it got a little flustered and a little unstable if you were ragging on it, but that's fair enough to, its a 12kg bike and man is it fun on moderate trails. This bike should be a beast at the fast stuff, and plough through the rough stuff, but Ill comment on that once Ive sampled it this weekend :)

beno

Cycle Solutions
Well photobucket can eat a dick! Every forum I look at is getting hammered. All those old cool threads that come up once n a while gooooonnneeee! Fuckers

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Photobucket is one of the worst sites around, Fickr used to be good but also now sucks. Imgur is easy, give that a crack.

beno

Cycle Solutions
I'm more pissed at the 10+ years of info and pictures anyone has shared on this forum or any other using photobucket. Just thinking of all the history wiped burns my chops