ACT 2017 Mont 24hr

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Anyone have a link to these memories?

I've seen the Yeti..
I've tried to find the thread, but failed. Long story short, the Mont 2014 was cancelled at the last minute due to huge rainfall turning the trails and campground into a lake. There were some mixed messages from the organisers initially re rescheduling (at first that wasn't going to happen), and whether refunds would be given. Chops went to town on the thread, pretty sure he was ready to go full Dennis Denuto and take it to the high court. I'm pretty sure he wasn't actually registered for the event, just decided to be the people's champion.

In the end the race was rescheduled, it went ahead successfully, and the Mont organisers clarified their refund policy.

moorey

call me Mia
I've tried to find the thread, but failed. Long story short, the Mont 2014 was cancelled at the last minute due to huge rainfall turning the trails and campground into a lake. There were some mixed messages from the organisers initially re rescheduling (at first that wasn't going to happen), and whether refunds would be given. Chops went to town on the thread, pretty sure he was ready to go full Dennis Denuto and take it to the high court. I'm pretty sure he wasn't actually registered for the event, just decided to be the people's champion.

In the end the race was rescheduled, it went ahead successfully, and the Mont organisers clarified their refund policy.
What thread?
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?276787-Mont-24-advice/page26

nak

Likes Bikes
Some of the best advice at the moment is to encourage as many people as you know to enter, because with a week to go numbers are too low for the race to go ahead at all.
yep, got that email as well. Hopefully plenty of teams are just slack and leaving it to the last moment to register - like ours. Paid today though.

Mont24Team

Likes Bikes
Any chance you could extend registration by a week to help get numbers up.

We have a Rotorburn team entering (the Burnouts) and it we're all super-pumped to see the race go ahead!
Hi Johnny. We won't extend registration any further as we want to be fair to the many suppliers who could perhaps re-book their services with other events should we be unable to proceed this time around. Bearing this in mind, 5 weeks is about right to make the call either way. Should the call be made, refunds will follow shortly thereafter... we won't penalise those who actually entered.
This year's course is very nice, so I hope it gets a run. If you haven't entered yet, pull your finger out and use it to press this link

Cheers
Alan (aka Des Kowalski)

Last edited:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
All the best with this Alan.

The Mont and the trails you guys have built were a contributing factor to moving my family down to Canberra from Sydney last year.

Your efforts are most definitely appreciated.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Hi Johnny. We won't extend registration any further as we want to be fair to the many suppliers who could perhaps re-book their services with other events should we be unable to proceed this time around. Bearing this in mind, 5 weeks is about right to make the call either way. Should the call be made, refunds will follow shortly thereafter... we won't penalise those who actually entered.
This year's course is very nice, so I hope it gets a run. If you haven't entered yet, pull your finger out and use it to press this link

Cheers
Alan (aka Des Kowalski)
Why can't I find the info on how long the course/lap is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Which direction does it ride?

Hope it's not the same direction as last year as it looks like the final downhill run has been replaced by half a kilometre of straight dirt road??

Really hope that isn't the case as it would make for a very anti-climactic and vanilla end to every lap.

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Which direction does it ride?

Hope it's not the same direction as last year as it looks like the final downhill run has been replaced by half a kilometre of straight dirt road??

Really hope that isn't the case as it would make for a very anti-climactic and vanilla end to every lap.
It'll run clockwise - it always finishes with Beer Garden and Last Call. That fire trail will be the start of the race - they always head out up a fire trail to begin, so the pack can spread out a bit before hitting the single track.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, that all makes perfect sense but I could have sworn that last year we pulled out to the right of the starting area and ran counter-clockwise - I remember the fire road at the start and stuff, my memory just seems to have flipped that map. Clearly fatigue addled me more than I was aware!

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Yeah, that all makes perfect sense but I could have sworn that last year we pulled out to the right of the starting area and ran counter-clockwise - I remember the fire road at the start and stuff, my memory just seems to have flipped that map. Clearly fatigue addled me more than I was aware!
Yep, we did. Completely different course this year though - last year used a lot of stuff out the far east, this year it's got a lot more of the west. There's really not a whole lot of trail from last year in this year's lap.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Thought I was losing it there for a sec!

Might pop out this weekend for a casual lap if anyone else is keen.