ACT 2017 Mont 24hr

moorey

call me Mia
When you're on-track riding or when you fall asleep? :whistle:
Oh don't worry, I won't be sleeping....I have too much payback coming my way.
So, I'll go 140mm.
Five with XC build?
Five with AM build?
Spitty with trail build?

so many questions....

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
What's the dif between trail and AM?

I still don't get that shit and I don't even touch enduro.

The world has left me behind......

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What sort of terrain are we looking at? 140 or 160mm bike? DHR/HR tyre combo?

No really...what am I up for?
I don't know about you, but I'm running a Nomad with a coil, 203mm Saint brakes front and rear. And a 2.5 DHF up front.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Kowen is not AM territory, its XC - a 29er hardtail will be the fastest way to get around the course otherwise a mid travel XC bike is your friend.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
After 10-20,000 rider laps a short travel XC bike won't be the most comfortable rides. Although 29er would help with that.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
After 10-20,000 rider laps a short travel XC bike won't be the most comfortable rides. Although 29er would help with that.
This is true. Depends what you're after - a quick lap means light and deal with the ruts. Its not Whistler though... Slow and comfy by all means runs a long travel bike.

I'll be riding my 100/120mm Anthem Adv SX, which I bought primarily because it suits the Kowen and Stromlo trails (for me and my riding preferences anyway). Lots of riding buddies are on Trance and equivalent though.

But a recurring theme on all the events I've done on these trails is the really fast guys are on 29er hardtails (and lycra...)....

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Definitely agree with that last line, although that kind of performance is best suited to people with skills, endurance and finance that I cannot match.

I'm on a Trek Remedy 26", which is overkill in capability and weight. I'd be most comfortable on 130-140 with 2.3/2.25, 27.5" for these trails and race conditions. And that's to challenge myself only, not to challenge race leaders (or even the mid-field!).

pliskin

Likes Dirt
But a recurring theme on all the events I've done on these trails is the really fast guys are on 29er hardtails (and lycra...)....
They will be knocking out laps in 45 minutes too.

ride the bike you think you will have the most fun on

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I'm riding my stumpy and my mate is on his enduro..... we are looking to win the wooden spoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nak

Likes Bikes
Just that there is an E-bike category....sad.

Surely it will be De Rigueur to heckle the shit out of someone that blasts past you on a battery powered bike at 3am in the morning.

*I can see E-bikes place in society, and they're a great thing for getting people to and from work instead of driving, but in a MTB race - hell no.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Holy shit, you're right, there's 17 Ebikes listed in the starting line up!!

Al, Mont team - WTF?

I want to scream outrage but will await comment from the Mont Team as it seems unbelievable. And I don't want to believe it.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Holy shit, you're right, there's 17 Ebikes listed in the starting line up!!

Al, Mont team - WTF?

I want to scream outrage but will await comment from the Mont Team as it seems unbelievable. And I don't want to believe it.
Poodle will be attending with a pack of tomato stakes for 4am field fairness adjustment.

moorey

call me Mia
6 days to go. You know what that means, kids? 5 days left till you need to start training and planning.