2018 Kona pricing

toodles

Wheel size expert
Anyone know where to find the Aussie pricing on the 2018 Konas? Specifically the two carbon 153 models?

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Anyone know where to find the Aussie pricing on the 2018 Konas? Specifically the two carbon 153 models?
Ain't you a transition whore these days?

Could give Taylor cycles a call they do Kona.

The new 153 looks like a weapon.... much want.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Tranny 4 lyf you fuckin sellout:tsk:

They do look pretty mint though. Sky blu ftw

toodles

Wheel size expert
Tranny 4 lyf you fuckin sellout:tsk:
Haha... I reckon. Will be a shock if I go that way after so many Transitions. Waiting for pricing on the new Patrols as well....

The Konas have lifetime warranty which is awesome.

Prices I got on the new Kona Carbons for anyone interested.

Process 153 CR DL - $7900
Process 153 CR - $6200

Jpez

Down on the left!
Where has that distinctive Process shape gone? Rear triangle and shock placement. Looks like most other bikes now.

Ultra Lord

So can tranny's.:boink:

Their new offset is weird though, which could be a reason to switch

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

They might be covering the cost of special offset forks? There both pretty good brands, and build their frames to last (kona have come leaps and bounds since those woefull years of snapped foot long rockers)I can't imagine you'd be unhappy with either. Kona are cool again haha

Tbh I never considered buying a complete transition. Almost worthile buying a giant and parts swapping what you can, then selling the frame.

toodles

Wheel size expert
They might be covering the cost of special offset forks? There both pretty good brands, and build their frames to last (kona have come leaps and bounds since those woefull years of snapped foot long rockers)I can't imagine you'd be unhappy with either. Kona are cool again haha

Tbh I never considered buying a complete transition. Almost worthile buying a giant and parts swapping what you can, then selling the frame.
Yeah I'd go frame only, but my old Patrol has a 160mm Pike and a non-Boost wheelset so would need new forks and wheels anyway.

Beej1

Went here to look for prices on the 29er 153 models, and I'm getting "blocked by firewall" messages.

In any case - what's the 'DL' stand for? As in PROCESS 153 AL/DL 29 vs PROCESS 153 AL 29? From what I can see, the frame fork & shock are the same on both - just wheels & groupset differences.