2020 Norco Sight A1 29 Large

Had this for a bit over a month now, last bike was a large 27.5 Intense Tracer, the Sight does everything 10x better than the Tracer ever did. Sizing is a lot different from the Tracer, it took a bit to get used to TBH, the Carpark test felt good, ETT was only 5mm longer than what I was used to, despite being 40mm longer in reach, but it wasn't until I hit the trails that I realized this was a lot bigger than II first thought, it was hard to turn, I was going over the top of berms, it was just totally different to what I was used to. My initial setup was done via the ride aligned app, and it's a pretty good base line, I've since added an extra token to the fork (3 tokens) and run about 6psi less than recommended, shock has 1 extra token (3 tokens) and I run on our 3psi more than what they recommend. I've put a DHF on the back as the standard DHR got torn, I didn't know DHR's were so slow and shit until I put the DHF on, it's definitely improved rolling and accelerating, but I'd probably still get a discector or something similar as the DHF was all i had laying around, I've also trimmed the bars to 780mm, i love 800mm bars but for some reason they felt too big on this bike, but apart from that it's stock as a rock.

Attachments

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love a DHF as much as anyone, but there is no worse punishment than a DHF on the rear. It's very slow!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I love a DHF as much as anyone, but there is no worse punishment than a DHF on the rear. It's very slow!
Opposite way around, DHR-slow, DHF-faster. The DHR is a great braking tyre, the DHF has grip and is faster but does not brake as nicely as the DHR.

As gravity tyres they are awesome, if you are riding trails and hills with a 2.5WT DHR on... its a bit like riding through custard.

Awesome looking bike @mattiwill, my boys test rode the C1 yesterday with views to buying A2's.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry folks, should have clarified, I realise the DHR is slower.
Just noting the DHF isn't that much better.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Get an aggressor for the back. The 2.3WT version keeps the weight down too while remaining aggressive for gravity stuff.

The DH casing 29 dissector is 1.2kg though :eek:.
Yeah, I have no intention of putting DH tyres on a trail bike anyway, EXO or EXO+ is what I'll keep on it, it's heavy enough without DH tyres, but in saying that you can't really notice the weight while riding, I also prefer a heavier bike over a lighter bike. It's almost 1kg heavier than my intense but rides like it's 1kg lighter.

moorey

call me Mia
I ran an aggressor on the back of the intense, great tyre except for when it's muddy, I've heard the discector is better than the aggressor so I'll give that a go.
Strong agree. Aggressor is one of my faves. Particularly summer and dryer tracks. DHR2 still my go-to if it’s looking a little wetter, but loving the look of the dissector my mate runs.
What’s a PYR without a weigh in? Looks light?

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm running rear DH Dissector 3C Maxxgrip on my alloy wheels and rear EXO Dissector 3C Maxxterra on my carbons. I love them. Roll better than DHF/R and more grip than Aggressor. The soft 3C maxxgrip in the DH version is too soft though and is chopping out fast.
If they do a DH version in maxxterra I'll go with that next time for my gravity wheelset.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ehhh. I've cut 2 in the last 2 months and had an entire EXO minion casing let go after a mistimed cross-rut attempt. Also found every EXO tire to weep sealant after a couple of rides too :eek:.