2020 World Cup Discussion

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So there was talk of the race not being run and the result would revert back to where they finished in seeding. I'm so glad they ran the race and the chatter that the course changed too much by the end of it was demolished when Troy did what he did, he was on a heater for sure. Reece's result is so justified and such a hell of a win; possibly the hardest ever world level race to win you reckon? I do, that was fucking crazy and relatively capable rider even though I'm getting a lot of candles on the cake, I wouldn't have even taken the bloody gondola to the top. That was a wicked World Champs!

moorey

call me Mia
So there was talk of the race not being run and the result would revert back to where they finished in seeding. I'm so glad they ran the race and the chatter that the course changed too much by the end of it was demolished when Troy did what he did, he was on a heater for sure. Reece's result is so justified and such a hell of a win; possibly the hardest ever world level race to win you reckon? I do, that was fucking crazy and relatively capable rider even though I'm getting a lot of candles on the cake, I wouldn't have even taken the bloody gondola to the top. That was a wicked World Champs!
Solid agree. Reece owned it, and while some say the track deteriorated, Troy, Trummer, Remi etc showed how it was done.
Was shit before any elites (m or f) touched it. Some bits look to have deteriorated, some looked to have improved, with ruts forming that helped the camber.
Couldn’t be happier for the Chimp. Sure, 5th would have been sweet, but that was a killer ride.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
What a hectic race. Awesome outcome though and sick to see Reece get a win like that. His Instagram for the last year has basically just been him smashing muddy ruts in Scotland.. Looks like it paid off :p Shame to see Troy go down when he was on a heater but it was always going to be won by the person who could stay upright! Watching Eleonora Farina DNF when her front wheel just stopped turning because of the mud was brutal.

http://instagr.am/p/CC-tzSUgPN9/

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, poor Farina.
Laurie hitting that bog at speed and stopping dead......he wasn't ever going to win....but that shit has to destroy you mentally. Gwinn was apparently never happy with the track, and his ride looked like it, TBH.
I absolutely think the 3 best mud riders on the day took the wins. All fully deserved it. No question a few others were unlucky to miss out, but possibly the most deserving winners I can recall.

moorey

call me Mia
If anyone has a right to be smug, it’s Bruni.
He does......but it's still not endearing......I wasn't a fan even when he used to choke on all the WC rounds. Hell of a rider, no beef there....just not on my list of international riders I want to see doing well.
I don't hate on Bruni. Fucker is an amazing rider. And has a real personality.
You're not the mother of me. Trump has personality. @Haakon possibly even has personality.
It's not a tall poppy thing, his rich white privileged playboy persona just doesn't gel with me. 'Super Bruni' migh not be the name he gave himself....but it doesn't mean he has to flaunt it. And all the gold? Said he'd only wear gold helmet if he was confident he was going to win....confidence is important.....so is a good cleaning product to get all the mud out of that gold helmet that spent as chunk of time in the mud....