2021 Trans Tasmania Enduro

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Walk with me..
Shearpin's dodgy leftie is easily walked, its the chute on Detonate that's a pig to 'B' line, no room for a bloke and bike down the chute unless you are riding it.

If you nutters are riding blind, wear elbows 100%.

moorey

call me Mia
Shearpin's dodgy leftie is easily walked, its the chute on Detonate that's a pig to 'B' line, no room for a bloke and bike down the chute unless you are riding it.

If you nutters are riding blind, wear elbows 100%.
I personally expect that some gnarly sections will be taken out seeing most people are riding totally blind.
I know they require you to be a comfortable black run rider.....but they also have insurance to consider.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I personally expect that some gnarly sections will be taken out seeing most people are riding totally blind.
I know they require you to be a comfortable black run rider.....but they also have insurance to consider.
Hard to imagine two days at Derby that are "harder than Tranz NZ" not including Trouty/Shearpin/Detonate/Kumma Gutza in full... The first three of those it'd be hard to even divert around the most technical sections (like that BS left and the rockgarden on Shearpin).

Make sure your Ambo Vic membership is up to date in case you need a heli :p

ozzybmx

Shearpin and Detonate would probably be omitted then.

Kumma-Gutza is also a double but rollable all the way.

Plenty of other awesome trails, Kingwsall upper and lower, Trouty, RTS, Air-ya-garn, Blackstump to 23 stitches and Flickety... a few long stages there. Might get to run the best of each stage.

Wish I was in, this thread has excited me but being the current naughty state, we'll have to wait ;)

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
A single black diamond trail too o_O

Probably my most favourite trail ever, so much beautiful rock and a stunning view over the town and valley.
I only rode it once (coming from Blue Tier/Atlas) and I absolutely LOVED it. So much fun and the granite is SO grippy - you think it's going to be sketch and slippery but it's like being on rails.

ozzybmx

When was that video from @PJO, I last rode it in Feb and I think it's gotten heaps worse then when I raced it in the first EWS, even the Vertigo shuttle dude was recommending not to ride it.
The whole of Derby is getting a little eroded, I said this a few days back, my 2020 trip was way different to the 2019 trip, then the 2017 trip was completely different as half the trails were not even built.

ozzybmx

I only rode it once (coming from Blue Tier/Atlas) and I absolutely LOVED it. So much fun and the granite is SO grippy - you think it's going to be sketch and slippery but it's like being on rails.
Rubber on Derby granite is like shit on a blanket :p

ozzybmx

Says it was April 2019.
I didn't ride the shitty lefty Jan 2019 but rode the Detonate Chute and I had a little pair of balls back then, Jan 2020 it looked way worse, my boys wanted to ride it and I wouldn't let them.
They overtook me about then in every aspect of their riding.

ozzybmx

I would say hands down, even with some of the techy shit on Black Dragon, the lefty rock turn on Shearpin is the most daunting feature in derby... only just in front of the iconic Detonate chute by a bees dick.

There is a 10m double on Kumma-Gutza but arguably faster to ride around it, with zero style points.

Plenty of 'B' lines around stuff but they are the 2 Derby TTF's that play on a blokes head the whole way down.

If they omit Shearpin and Detonate, yous are laughing.