2021 World Cup Downhill discussion

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
So SBS say it will be live streamed on SBS On Demand.

Do we think it will be just the redbull.tv live stream but through On Demand, or will it be 2 roadie pillocks who usually commentate the Tour de France and have no idea..?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
So who are people rooting for (Troy don't count as we're all going for him obviously) and/or backing for a win?

Heart says:
I'd kinda hoping Reece Wilson can nail another run. He seems such a nice, well spoken dude and it'd be nice to see him get back up there.
I don't really want Vergier, Minnaar, Loic, Daperela etc. to get the win. Is Amaury Pierron riding? If so that'd be a zinger if he pulled it off!

Head says:
Daprela if he can survive practice, qualis and a race run.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
RedBull TV has the XCC available for replay but then gives us the geoblock screen.

SBS on demand has no mention of the XCC. Is it just the DH ?

EDIT: Found it on SBS OD, currently chrome casted to the living room telly :)

Last edited:

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Do we think it will be just the redbull.tv live stream but through On Demand, or will it be 2 roadie pillocks who usually commentate the Tour de France and have no idea..?
Did anyone watch the slopestyle thing in Poland last weekend? Warner was on the mic and quite out of his comfort zone. Each run sounded like, “oh shit, no way man” and, “what the f, he’s mad”. Genuinely blew his mind. Hilarious

moorey

call me Mia
So who are people rooting for (Troy don't count as we're all going for him obviously) and/or backing for a win?

Heart says:
I'd kinda hoping Reece Wilson can nail another run. He seems such a nice, well spoken dude and it'd be nice to see him get back up there.
I don't really want Vergier, Minnaar, Loic, Daperela etc. to get the win. Is Amaury Pierron riding? If so that'd be a zinger if he pulled it off!

Head says:
Pierron back. Big ask. Vergier probably deserves it. Daprela is a huge chance. Vali, obviously.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Heart says:

Head says:
Going out on a limb.
Greenland has been looking pretty sharp this year. Won a WC at VDS 2019. 2nd at champs VDS 2016, first year elite? And seems like a good bloke.

That said, if Daprela doesn’t go down in flames he’s probably most likely. Quite a big if though, as you say

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Would be great to see Wilson do it again.

Daprela most likely to take it I think though.

Pom Pom for the women's race.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
See @moorey - suspension goes boing!

Kind of glad this didn't capture all of Bulldog's crash, the audio is brutal enough:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is some incredible luck in that Bruni crash, each time he landed it was in the best possible spot