2021 World Cup Downhill discussion

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Just been watching Bernard Kerr's practice vid from Day 1. If elite riders are crashing us mortals would have no hope.
Yeah it looks like a pretty crazy track. Mostly brand new cut in for this round.

I wouldn't make the first berm.

That road gap is hectic

The race tomorrow should be awesome

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
is Ben Cathro racing atm, or only doing Cathro analysis things?
He had a huge crash last year and had a big concussion. Was warned offf racing by the dr and being a new dad is probably making him more cautious too.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
He had a huge crash last year and had a big concussion. Was warned offf racing by the dr and being a new dad is probably making him more cautious too.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
yeah :oops: :oops:
I found a vid of his from october, 2020. he is one lucky chunt.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
who the fuck is that useless marshall???? The cunt gives the rider attitude too. Goddamnit, what a shitstain. he's going to get someone killed.
Although the angle of the video is deceptive, those fluent in French seem to concur that he is giving a serve to the driver for not following his directions, however it begs the question as to why a marshall wouldn't be posted on either side of the crossing.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Although the angle of the video is deceptive, those fluent in French seem to concur that he is giving a serve to the driver for not following his directions, however it begs the question as to why a marshall wouldn't be posted on either side of the crossing.
maybe, but why isn't there a solid barrier set back from the track both sides to prevent a car crossing? I can't see any reason for a vehicle to have access. The barriers could always be moved if an ambulance needed access, and there would be a track hold in that case.
Major fail by the race organization.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
maybe, but why isn't there a solid barrier set back from the track both sides to prevent a car crossing? I can't see any reason for a vehicle to have access. The barriers could always be moved if an ambulance needed access, and there would be a track hold in that case.
Major fail by the race organization.
From what I understand the course actually crosses a public road which is the preferred thoroughfare over Mont Chéry, agreed that it's a pretty major fail not to have a formal traffic management plan in place.