2024 World Cup Downhill / EDR

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Mostly TLDR. but tell me. What would be your $$ limit? $30. $50. $100 a month? At what point does Dozer feel like he’s being taken for a ride?
I only ever have two subscriptions on the go. Presently I have a yearly subscription to Kayo that cost me $180 for all the sport. I used to have Foxtel but only watched the Sport so yeah, just Kayo works. I also run Stan for the length of the Indycar season (say 8 months) and will chuck Disney on when the cool stuff is showing (Star Wars for example). If I broke it down to a monthly cost to have Kayo, Stan and Disney running for twelve months of the year it'd be about $70 a month, $18 a week. I watch basketball, I watch motor racing, mountain bike racing, cool TV shows. I somehow manage to jam that into my spare time, I work 11 hour days on weekdays plus whatever weekend stuff comes along. How and why do I justify it? I ride my bike to & from work, I walk to & from work. Thats an additional 1.5 hours to my day; up at 5am, home after 6pm. That little bit of effort saves me $60 a week in diesel. I'm $40 in front each week by making a few monetary sacrifices that are good for my health and good for my day. I'm fucking wrecked each day and enjoy that hour I get most nights to pay for some good content.
At what point would I feel like I was being taken for a ride? I've never really thought about the cost of it too much but if the two or three subscriptions were $100 each for me to watch the sport I love then I'd have to start doing more than riding to work. ;)

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, if someone were only interested in watching the dh, the NZ broadcaster staylive could be an option.

2 months sub from early May would take in the first 5 races. Cancel for August and renew early September for a month, Loudonvielle and MSA. Season covered at 3x us5.99/m

There’s been a few beers on the go this arvo so could have it all wrong

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So, if someone were only interested in watching the dh, the NZ broadcaster staylive could be an option.

2 months sub from early May would take in the first 5 races. Cancel for August and renew early September for a month, Loudonvielle and MSA. Season covered at 3x us5.99/m

There’s been a few beers on the go this arvo so could have it all wrong
Beers are good, thanks @sane.

I am just commenting and haven't looked into your link but will do in the next few days.

Most of us here dont give a fuck about footy, baseball or basketball... or any other sports, so justifying mega $$$ for 7 races is just bullshit.

We want to watch DH and maybe the XC, that's it.

Jpez

Down on the left!
A mate in NZ just sent me this. Apparently this is their ticket to watch. It’s a streaming service so should be accessible here.
I haven’t investigated it yet though.
IMG_1184.jpeg

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
A mate in NZ just sent me this. Apparently this is their ticket to watch. It’s a streaming service so should be accessible here.
I haven’t investigated it yet though.
View attachment 408548
I signed up and clicked on the Fort William world cup link and it says "streaming not available in your country".

received_1085891829160018.jpeg

But....

A NZ vpn let's you get to the subscription pay screen. $93 AUD isn't too bad I guess.

Screenshot_20240413-130014.png

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At $9.25AUD/mth for 6 months it is a shit tonne cheaper
Yeah, I think what I was trying to get at last night is that the schedule the first 5 races fall within 2 months, then a break, and last 2 are within 1 month. So if you’re a tightarse like me you could subscribe for 2 months, kill it for a bit, then resubscribe for a month. Job done

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
So Bielsko-Biala, Poland?

Apparently it's the second DH venue (in 4 weeks time).

Has anyone seen anything in regards to the track/course?

I had a google and found an article from 5mths ago saying they are constructing/digging a brand new trail for the DH. But crickets since then...

Mattyp

Cows go boing

I had a google and found an article from 5mths ago saying they are constructing/digging a brand new trail for the DH. But crickets since then...
Never heard of it, but looks like it's mostly an Enduro trail Network. There's about 300m of usable elevation looking at the trail map.

Jpez

Down on the left!

I saw some of the photos on a european forum they put out of the trail they built a couple months ago and it looked pretty amateur. I’ll see if I can dig up the article.

Mattyp

Cows go boing

It looks like they have some cool forest to work with...

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
DH will be in Szczyrk ?
" The culmination of the gravity weekend will be the live broadcast of the final race in Downhill, which will take place in Szczyrk on Sunday. "

title is a bit clickbait (11 months ago), but a track at the resort.. looks fun

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
found a track walk!! (build so far, from bottom to top))

translation:
" An independent group of experts checks the route to the World Championships in Szczyrk. Well, will they say?? Check here! As of March 29, 2024 "

Last edited:

Mattyp

Cows go boing
So if you can somehow magically teleport your internet to NZ, i can confirm that the Staylive stream works. Watched some of the XCC and a skipped through a bit of the XCO this morning. It did seem to go a bit out of sync towards the end though, not sure if that was because I was also Casting it to my TV, but the end of race interview were 1-2 seconds sound/video out of sync...