2024 World Cup Downhill / EDR

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So, went in to look at my team and swap a few around. WTF... nearly everyone's value has increased, riders are now million dollar men, but your salary cap is still $1.5 million.

This dumped Ronan Dunne out of my team and now he is $200k more expensive.

So the way this looks to work is you may be on may 1 good rider and 5 with not so great a chance of even scoring.

Reckon they have farked this up.

I'll let it go for a day or two, no doubt PB will have something to say about it :p

IMG_1638-1536x864.jpg

ozzybmx

Cant even swap them out at the moment
I have a couple of comments on that PB thread.

They removed your highest price bloke and replaced him with a low value bloke.

BUT they put him at the bottom so when you go to swap him, it brings up the girls list. Then Invalid Athlete message.

Swap out the girl, highest on the list and it brings up the blokes roster, this will let you save the team.

So what the plan now, everyone throws in Valli or Nina for the best chance of 30 points, then fills the rest of the team with what we think are best chance riders.

Makes a mockery of picking a good team for round 1, which now is potentially will be the highest score of any round for the rest of the season as all point scorers got a price boost.

jrewing

Eats Squid
I have a couple of comments on that PB thread.

They removed your highest price bloke and replaced him with a low value bloke.

BUT they put him at the bottom so when you go to swap him, it brings up the girls list. Then Invalid Athlete message.

Swap out the girl, highest on the list and it brings up the blokes roster, this will let you save the team.

So what the plan now, everyone throws in Valli or Nina for the best chance of 30 points, then fills the rest of the team with what we think are best chance riders.

Makes a mockery of picking a good team for round 1, which now is potentially will be the highest score of any round for the rest of the season as all point scorers got a price boost.
Same. Lost Brosnan. But fearon is 25k go figure

LM Smith burnt me. 11 girls in a final is rough.

ozzybmx

Same. Lost Brosnan. But fearon is 25k go figure

LM Smith burnt me. 11 girls in a final is rough.
Brosnan now a $1m rider, not sure what he was on round 1.

Dunne went from $600k to $800k for 11th place.

Connor was 22nd, stayed at $25k.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I dont think its any secret that there are some riders / industry pushing for it to be an elite F1 style prestigious event. Smaller field, with full Factory teams and bigger pay cheques. Leaving the 30-60 and below placed riders to regional/national events, and having to earn their way into the Elite circuit.
The fox guru Jordy said it's getting a bit out of control when they turn up to race day and get 100 sets of forks / shocks thrown at them that need a rebuild today.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I dont think its any secret that there are some riders / industry pushing for it to be an elite F1 style prestigious event. Smaller field, with full Factory teams and bigger pay cheques. Leaving the 30-60 and below placed riders to regional/national events, and having to earn their way into the Elite circuit.
The fox guru Jordy said it's getting a bit out of control when they turn up to race day and get 100 sets of forks / shocks thrown at them that need a rebuild today.
I have absolutely zero faith in any sort of system that qualifies a rider from a National level to obtain points to grant them a spot on a World Cup. Look at the racing structure in Australia; you can literally enter any possible race and any category. The elite guys that want to get UCI points to get to a world cup have to show up and put up with some of the shit events that get run in the hope to qualify.
I had the displeasure of running events at all levels with MTBA before their demise and am glad to say I was part of the reason they don't exist. Make no mistake, they were / are nothing more than an insurance company with no interest in developing the sport. Seems to me like AusCycling is no better. In a nutshell, clubs had to pay a 5 figure sum of money to host a national round. The same club then has to pay for every resource required to advertise, maintain and operate the event. At the end of it the club is running on the hopes that the 19 people that showed up will cover the cost. It's ludicrous, MTBA had a blow up finish arch and a beanbag for a hotseat. You then have a commissaire shows up to tell you that your track is dangerous. Well fucking der................ we're not racing plastic ducks in a kiddy pool. I'm glad to say that I had enough to say about it that it was one of the final events they ever had a finger in. Good riddance.
In regards to the World Cup wanting to be an exclusive kinda thing with shiny toys, there's guys outpacing the higher paid riders very regularly that deserve to be there. Look at how many guys & girls that are considered to be the fast ones did not even make the semi final. I'd absolutely love to see this exclusive series happen but also see the Crankworx series get more validity and they run a rival series. There's so much potential to run Crankworx as a primarily southern hemisphere thing that operates in our warmer months then wrap it up at Whistler mid year for their summer.

Now guys, if anyone wants to chat to me about the results of the Fantasy race, I'll be riiiiiiiiiiight down the bottom of the paddock looking for some clues on who to run the next race. ;)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Because F1 is so fucking awesome! If you're a clueless nouvea riche philistine.

The only thing that makes F1 worth watching is rain, and that is a very low bar. Contrast with watching rain at Le Mans, Spa or the Nurburgring 24 which makes my balls want to retract all the way into my chest cavity with fear.

For DH I much prefer to see people like Oisin O'Callaghan and Ronan Dunne gate crashing the podium at world cups. Specialized and Bruni can go and fuck their wind tunnel senseless.

If Jordy doesn't want to support 100 riders a weekend, then learn to say no. Or I don't know, get another job.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk