DH 224 evo

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Latest spec,

Frame - 2010 224 EVO
Rear shock - CCDB Air.
Front shock/fork - Boxxer Team chassis, medium spring and Elka Stage 4 cartridge Medium tune.
Handlebars - Burgtec RideWider 750mm
Stem - Straitline Zero Rise 50mm
Headset - FSA Orbit
Grips - Intense
Saddle - SDG Ti-Fly
Seatpost - Tommo
Front brake - Formula The One
Rear brake - Formula The One
Cranks - Shimano XT 165's
Chainguide - e-thirteen LG+
Chain - Shimano
Pedals - Burgtec Penthouse Flats Ti Spindle.
Rear derailleur - SRAM X-9
Rear shifter - SRAM X-9
Cassette - Ultegra
Front hub - DeeMax 20mm
Rear hub - DeeMax 135mm
Front rim - DeeMax
Rear rim - DeeMax
Nipples - Rubbed with Baby Oil and/or Lanolin, occasionally clamped
Tyres - Schwalbe Wicked Will 2.35 DH
Tubes - Tubeless
Total weight - 16.7kg

Thanks for the photo's Greg.

New weight-

Yep its a bit dirty, its a DH bike, thats what it looks like 99% of the time.:p

Last edited:

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great colour scheme and sweet spec. Looking forward to seeing the gucci pics.

Front brake line dude. You knew that though , hey. ;)

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Shit hot, even with poor photography :)
We have to work out a time for the shots!:eek:

Great colour scheme and sweet spec. Looking forward to seeing the gucci pics.

Front brake line dude. You knew that though , hey. ;)
Thanks Spinner, yeah I've been meaning to sort the brake line, I just haven't got around to it yet.:p

PSYCHO-T

Likes Dirt
That is amazing.

How does the frame ride, is it as noisey as the old one?

I also want an official weight
perhaps a towel too, its power hot!

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice bike.. kinda reminds me of my old 223 (was red/white as well).
Id be interested to see how it goes with the Stoy shock, as im running an Elka at the moment in my 224. So post up a ride review when you get some time on it!

Nice build! Rider her hard!

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is one beautiful bike Jase!

set of white Idylle's on the front would just complete her I reckon :p

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Thanks for all the comments peeps, I love this bike!

Ride review; Its quick, real quick. It accelerates like no other bike I've ridden, it actually surprises you at times when you come into a section on the brakes, then let off and BAM, off it goes.
Yep, it gets rough in the chop if you drag the brakes, but once I got used to that it really just makes you hit sections more efficiently by making you brake prior to the rough sections and hooting through off the brakes.
I'll give a rap to the Stoy, its efficient and super controlled. There is a harsh drop on one of the tracks I ride a lot, it pretty much bottoms any bike pretty hard, but the Stoy soaks it up, its noticeably more controlled in that section than either of my last two bikes, equipped with a Vivid and DHX5 respectively. I can't put it down to just the suspension design as the 224 is a simple single pivot as the others were a Lawwill and linkage driven single pivot. That said, I haven't ridden the 224 with any other shock.
Geometry is pretty dialled with a 63 deg HA and a 13.9 inch BB, the only numbers I really worry about, the TT feels pretty spot on, the frame is a 15 inch. Its super stable at speed and in the rough, not a great deal unsettles it. I was worried about it feeling choppered out and the handling suffering from the front wheel being less weighted, but to be honest it turns better than my previous bikes (the low front end helps with that too). I'm noticeably faster on my regular tracks pretty much everywhere. Its nimble, poppy and a blast to ride.

Red - The teams were on it when I bought it. When I bought teams for the Rotec I was concerned about reliability problems with the new model WC's, turns out there wasn't much to split them in that department.:rolleyes:

I hope this all makes sense, I'm pretty tired right now.:p

Last edited: