24" rear for dj

lucco

Likes Dirt
what do you gus think a 24" rear on my 125 would be like for dirtjumping?
ive heard it makes the back really whippy and fast is this true?
thanks sam

naz

Criminally Inane
ye 4 sure as long as u got a better back hub they are shit!!
my axle bent and casstete had 2mm of play(not cassete but cassete body part of the hub)

tonas

Likes Dirt
quick acceleration, quick direction change, less gyro effect.......but there are downsides too :(

a change is as good as a holiday, so i say yeh go for it. whatever it takes to inject some new life bike into ur riding!

simooooona

Likes Bikes
tonas said:
quick acceleration, quick direction change, less gyro effect.......but there are downsides too :(

a change is as good as a holiday, so i say yeh go for it. whatever it takes to inject some new life bike into ur riding!
yeah im thinking of getting one on my one25... wat are some of the downsides of them... what would it be like having front and back 24"

tonas

Likes Dirt
obvious downsides;
- accelerate quicker, but decelerate quicker
- 24inch wheels less stable at speed
- 24inch wheels give a rougher ride, dont roll over stuff aswell
- tire choice, tyre clearance
- changes bike geometery

i'm sure there are plenty more, but don't let these negatives cool u down though. for dirt jumping and street riding i reckon there great, just not so good off-road. :D

S.

ex offender
simooooona said:
tonas said:

yeah im thinking of getting one on my one25... wat are some of the downsides of them... what would it be like having front and back 24"
Only real downsides are that they make your BB a bit lower (unless it's fairly high as is, in which case it's no prob) and that it makes tyre choice a bit limited. On DH stuff, the size makes a fair bit of difference, but for jumping and street it's usually fine.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
ill have dual 24's and 24/26 on my 125 soon, ull be ablle to take it for a spin down at woodlands and see what u think

G

im running 24 26 atm i dont like it to much but when i get a front 24 itll be alllll good, just one thing, you cant base your pedals for a jump on someone elses cuz they pedal their asses off the get the same speed at you

Troy

Likes Bikes
i have a rear 24 on my DH bike and it rocks. My mates have bikes with dual 24's, 26's and one of each. My opinion is for a hard tail if you are running a 24 you should run dual 24s because it feels better then one and the other

CHEWY

Eats Squid
hurry the fuck up 24's!!! im starting to get pissed off... they better be here tomorrow

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
CHEWY said:
hurry the fuck up 24's!!! im starting to get pissed off... they better be here tomorrow
hahahaha.... funny if the posties like didnt deliver them cos its a public holiday in vic !!

lol..... ahahahahahaha... im sooo mean !!