24 solo nationals easter

courts

Likes Bikes
Awesome news from MTBA! Rocky trail entertainment run amazing events perhaps their JetBlack 24hour!!! that would be rad!

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
Awesome news from MTBA! Rocky trail entertainment run amazing events perhaps their JetBlack 24hour!!! that would be rad!
It would ideally be before the worlds in October rather than in December. Unless they want to run 2 Sydney 24hr events in the one year again :)

akashra

Eats Squid
The ideal window is late April to August, giving a two month gap before World Champs. April at this point would be getting very late with not a lot of notice for riders wanting to compete.

quiggs

Likes Dirt
The ideal window is late April to August, giving a two month gap before World Champs. April at this point would be getting very late with not a lot of notice for riders wanting to compete.
It should be whenever Red Racer says it should be! If that means the week before then so it shall be, I guess Jebus should also have a bit of a say aswell

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
tender/EOI
Is it just me, or does the document use "bid" and "EOI" interchangeably?

There doesn't seem to be any actual EOI phase, interested parties just proceed directly to submitting their bid by the 15th of March. Why call it an EOI if it is just a bidding process? (unless there is something I'm missing - not a criticism, just a query)

Also, will there be a public announcement to match the email notification of the successful bidder by/on 31 March?

-Andrew

akashra

Eats Squid
Also, will there be a public announcement to match the email notification of the successful bidder by/on 31 March?
It would be unusual to publicly announce it and have an organiser find out at the same time as everyone else - there may be commercial or other reasons why a public announcement requires delay - it would all depend on the event that ends up being successfuly.

You're quite right on the bid/EOI thing, I suppose my calling it an EOI is a probably incorrect. Though I see no reason why an EOI can't be placed for future years.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It would be unusual to publicly announce it and have an organiser find out at the same time as everyone else - there may be commercial or other reasons why a public announcement requires delay - it would all depend on the event that ends up being successfuly.

You're quite right on the bid/EOI thing, I suppose my calling it an EOI is a probably incorrect. Though I see no reason why an EOI can't be placed for future years.
I note that today is the day of reckoning for the bidders. :thumb:Fingers crossed that we get a publicly announced date and location as soon as possible:thumb: (though recognising as per Akashra's comment that commercial reasons may dictate that the immediate future may not be possible)

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The suspense is killing me!

edit: Perhaps Akshara could confirm to us that an organiser has indeed made a successful bid and been awarded (and notified) of their right to host the event. And that accordingly, we are just waiting on the public to be notified. (Or in the alternative, I suppose he could notify us that nobody bid/ nobody was successful - but that would make me sad)

Last edited:

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Happy to announce that we've got it:

Mountain Bike Australia

MEDIA RELEASE: For Immediate Release

15 April 2014

Solo 24 Hour National Mountain Bike Championships announced for 2014

Mountain Bike Australia is excited to announce the 2014 Australian Solo 24 Hour National Championships.

The annual event that has significantly contributed to Australia leading the world in 24 hour solo mountain biking has been awarded to Sydney promoter Rocky Trail Entertainment for 2014.

The event will be held in conjunction with the JetBlack 24HR Sydney race on the 29th & 30th November 2014 at the Australian Botanical Gardens, Mt Annan, NSW.

Australia boasts both reigning World Solo 24 Hour Champions at the Elite level - Jason English (NSW) and Jess Douglas (VIC).

MTBA President Russ Baker welcomed the award of the 2014 Australian Solo 24 Hr Championships to Rocky Trail Entertainment.

"The Australian Solo 24 Hour Championships were an initiative of Canberra Off-Road Cyclists (CORC) in 2004 and CORC have carried the baton for this sport for 10 successive national championships and 2 world championships, all held in the Canberra region.

CORC's commitment and dedication to Solo 24 Hour racing has seen Australians rise to be Elite world champions 9 times in this period, together with numerous age-group and single-speed champions.

I thank CORC for all they have done for this sport during this period and look forward to Rocky Trail's stewardship of this event in 2014."

Mount Annan will provide a different set of challenges for our riders and we can be assured of an exciting and high standard national championships there".

Martin Wisata, Director of Rocky Trail Entertainment said "We are very excited to continue the great Australian tradition that is the Solo 24 hour National Championships after racing it myself in previous years.”

All information on the event can be found here http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/24-overview.html

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hell YES!

I am looking forward to this!

Go Martin & Julianne!

Thanks also to the MTBA for ensuring the most important event of the year continues to run (and better yet, its in Sydney!)

akashra

Eats Squid
edit: Perhaps Akshara could confirm to us that an organiser has indeed made a successful bid and been awarded (and notified) of their right to host the event. And that accordingly, we are just waiting on the public to be notified. (Or in the alternative, I suppose he could notify us that nobody bid/ nobody was successful - but that would make me sad)
Yeah, unfortunately understand that there's some things I'm happy to alleviate concerns and talk about, but there's other stuff I unfortunately have to not go announcing and talking about publicly. I too was waiting on it to be publicly announced be able to confirm anything further.

Sorry, I only saw your edit today, but I suppose I could have provided that info while being unspecific about details - but now you know.