.243 setup for DH

Heres my dh hardtail, pretty much unbreakable.

Spec list:
Frame: .243 racing
Fork: 66RC2X 170mm
Wheelset: Mavic Deetrack
Brakes: Hayes 9
Drivetrain: Sram X7
Cranks: Truvativ Husselfelt
Pedals: Time-z clipless
Tires:Intense FRO, WTB timberwolf
Bars: Specialized bighit
Stem:Easton Vice
Seat: Velo jump
Guide:Truvativ Box Guide

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how does it ride with forks that tall, i know it can handle them but is it very front heavy and how hard is it to manual and bunny hop and things like that. Im considering buying one, but i can only afford one very good bike so i need something that can do everything.

Havent weighed it with the new wheelset yet, *edit* about 17-18 kg not really fussed on the weight though. It rides fantastically, it feels really low and stable especially with long travel. It rips up the smoother trails on Mt Wellington, Hobart, its a do it all really i occassionally take it for a xc spin up to the top of the hill in the background. The only thing i dont do on it is street and jumps, street because of the pedals and jumps because the forks.

Tristan are you implying its a "huckzorzz" bike simply because of the forks on that frame? Id like to know your reasoning for making that comment. Do you think it would be more 'trendy' if i put some low travel forks on it?

Last edited:

xc_machine

Likes Dirt
Tristan are you implying its a "huckzorzz" bike simply because of the forks on that frame? Id like to know your reasoning for making that comment. Do you think it would be more 'trendy' if i put some low travel forks on it?
loolllz

hes farkin with ya mate. it looks damn nice. Longer travel hardtails are definately fun to ride!

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Recent establishment. To go fast on a DH hardtail, you really need clipless. Tried the local DH course with flats, and god damnit I've never been so scared/exhilarated in my life.

haha fair enough im a little wary of people calling hucker... but yes a mate and i were going to swap forks (888) for one run just for a giggle;), clipless for sure theres so much more control over the rough stuff.

Draven

Squid
Recent establishment. To go fast on a DH hardtail, you really need clipless. Tried the local DH course with flats, and god damnit I've never been so scared/exhilarated in my life.
Clipins on big downhills is bloody sketchy ... Nice bike btw :)