DRIBS

Likes Dirt
Nice bike UDI. Ride her hard.
Is that a Rock Shox Vivid in the back with a Ti spring?

Last edited:

Rhys_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking nice, but I can't believe this is a udi bike, you were improving now it's straight back to the dark side!? No way you went back to elixirs after saints, and 5.1s...which are softer than 721s which get smashed. High roller front tyre? Guess this is all about weight

Last edited:

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very clean udi, nice work.

Yeah, there is weight saving, and there is just being silly... This is possibly the later.
But that bling bling has downhill casing, so it's not an effort in weight saving just rolling resistance, no? Am i missing something?

S.

ex offender
It's not his bike. Stock compression damper in the fork is the definite giveaway, but FSA cranks, DT rims in particular, Elixirs... not a current-spec Udi build.

Well, that and the fact that it's a V10, and a fugly yellow one no less.

udi

swiss cheese
Thanks for the kind words guys. :)

It's been pretty hilarious reading all the speculation too, so far according to this thread:

- bling-blings may work for dh and are actually better because they have less rolling resistance
- i've possibly broken the sunday
- yellow is very "me"
- there is weight saving and being silly, i'm the latter
- the frame was powdercoated yellow by me
- it's not actually my bike at all

To set a few things straight, the sunday is still alive and kicking (in fact it's probably the hardest frame to break that I've owned so far)... and bling blings are great for DH if you don't like having any braking traction whatsoever. Yellow was a factory colour for 2009, something different I guess. I think it's a bit over the top personally, but alright with the black build kit. Oh yeah, and it's my bike.

Doggy

Inconceivable!
Lies.....all lies, Ive heard you actually took half of the powder out of the powdercoat mix before it was done and also taken off every third bit of thread on the bolts. This I've read on the interwebs so it must be true.

Its no green paint though mind you

Doggy

Inconceivable!
maybe so, but its a f**k around to organise with the ano joint near us. I spent the last week or so trying to get my frame done. Twas much easier to give up and paint it a pretty colour in the end