26-27.5 convertible AM frames

deletude26

Likes Bikes
What AM (full sus) frames do people know of that are convertible between 26 and 27.5, that are designed to do so.

If anyone has personal experience/reviews of any those would also help.

Thanks.

Last edited:

deletude26

Likes Bikes
The current ones I know of are:
- Banshee Rune
- Banshee Spitfire
- Blackmarket Roam
- Dartmoor Wish Enduro

Does anyone know of others?

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
GOPR0921.jpg
Just built two of these for customers. Both chose 650b but they can take 26" happily.
​No brake hoses aren't cut yet.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Banshee Spitfire.....
Been building one up over the last few months. I've been riding in between upgrades and every upgrade makes the bike even better.

Super easy to convert from 26 to 27.5 and back again, I even ran the same forks (X-Fusion Vengence HLR) for both set ups.

Rear axel chips also allow geometry adjustment. It's not the lightest rig out there, but with the Vengence and a KS Dropper, mine weighed in at hair under 14kgs.

Climbs well and eats downhill sections. Well worth a look in my opinion.

deletude26

Likes Bikes
Good Point JT, tempted to get one, but the only ones I can find are 2,600+, which is a bit out of my budget. (don't want to go to far past 1600).

Where did you buy yours?

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Banshee Spitfire.....
Been building one up over the last few months. I've been riding in between upgrades and every upgrade makes the bike even better.

Super easy to convert from 26 to 27.5 and back again, I even ran the same forks (X-Fusion Vengence HLR) for both set ups.

Rear axel chips also allow geometry adjustment. It's not the lightest rig out there, but with the Vengence and a KS Dropper, mine weighed in at hair under 14kgs.

Climbs well and eats downhill sections. Well worth a look in my opinion.
Sub 14kg aint bad with dropper.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Good Point JT, tempted to get one, but the only ones I can find are 2,600+, which is a bit out of my budget. (don't want to go to far past 1600).

Where did you buy yours?
I bought a fully built bike on 26" wheels from the for sale section on rotorburn. It was a 2013 frame with mediocre components which are being swapped out as I go.

Full build however will be close on $4.5k when finished.

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hear that the 26/27.5 combo bikes are designed around one of the
wheel sizes but have the accommodation to allow the other.....psst 26"

Such as the (now) defunct Intense Carbine

placebo

Likes Dirt
Intense had the Tracer 2 do it by replacing the rear dropout for one which corrected for the 10mm increase in radius of the 650b wheel.

Same dropout the carbine used now I think of it.

Last edited: