26-27.5 convertible AM frames

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Intense had the Tracer 2 do it by replacing the rear dropout for one which corrected for the 10mm increase in radius of the 650b wheel.

Same dropout the carbine used now I think of it.
Think the Carbine has dropped the G1 dropout option and all new frames are 650b without the option of 26"

deletude26

Likes Bikes
I wish companies simply made them adaptable/with dropouts, and if they want to change the geo, just have a shock chip, or something similar, would make life so much easier

deletude26

Likes Bikes
I was going to, but the page disappeared, I think it may have been a glitch, so going to have to look out for a good deal on one.

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just buy a Banshee..... Life will only get better!
I can back this comment up. I too have a spitfire, and it's the most versatile and capable bike I've ever ridden. Solid build, light enough for XC, aggressive geometry for DH..

Loads of adjustment.

Local support is great.

Do it. You won't regret it.

DeBloot

Feeling old
Liteville 301...
Hey mate
have you done this?

I tried it on a Mk10 with a mates 650b up front on revelation 150mm forks - no worky
tried the rear with a (i think) 2.25 nobby nick - anyway, no worky either

if you have done it successfully, can you let me know your setup

ChopSticks

Banned
Hey mate
have you done this?

I tried it on a Mk10 with a mates 650b up front on revelation 150mm forks - no worky
tried the rear with a (i think) 2.25 nobby nick - anyway, no worky either

if you have done it successfully, can you let me know your setup
What sort of clearance did you have on the 26" rev? Rubbing it just very little room?

DeBloot

Feeling old
What sort of clearance did you have on the 26" rev? Rubbing it just very little room?
It was up at Bleakheath in a driving wind of -10C
So my hands were shaking that much I never got the axle done up

But from memory, the front tyre didn't move (kind of lining the axle up without winding it on)
And the rear moved, but not much tolerance

When my mate gets back from holiday I'll do the same thing in warmer weather
He only just bought the bike so I was keen to give it a go

ChopSticks

Banned
It was up at Bleakheath in a driving wind of -10C
So my hands were shaking that much I never got the axle done up

But from memory, the front tyre didn't move
Lolol
well hopefully you get another go! And fingers crossed it works! So you can save some $$$ by just getting a new front wheel (I know the old revs had a super high arch and could fit 650 wheels)

DeBloot

Feeling old
Lolol
well hopefully you get another go! And fingers crossed it works! So you can save some $$$ by just getting a new front wheel (I know the old revs had a super high arch and could fit 650 wheels)
It's a new model rev bought with a straight steerer to suit my previous bike
To be honest, this bike could really benefit from a 160mm pike
And I'm looking for any excuse to buy one at Xmas
I may as well make it a 650b so I can swap it to another frame if I need to

The scaled sizing of the liteville means I can run a 26 at the back and all (online) reports are it rides great
But I would really like to see if I can fit a 650 at the back as well
And then make the decision as to which I like the feel of better

That does then present the problem of having to buy a front wheel only until I decide
Damn - first world problems :whistle:

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Pivot Mach 6. Built up just fine with my old 26 inch wheels and fork. Can also use 650b stuff too.

How do you go for pedal strikes? The pedals look like their going to be pretty low, especially with a bit of sag.

I put some 26 wheels in the Nomad 27.5 and it was unridable on anything other than dead smooth path.

placebo

Likes Dirt
both your rotors look to be on in the wrong direction? .....
There are no markings left on them, and I've never noticed any significant difference either way.

How do you go for pedal strikes? The pedals look like their going to be pretty low, especially with a bit of sag.

I put some 26 wheels in the Nomad 27.5 and it was unridable on anything other than dead smooth path.
I haven't had any problems riding around here, but I like low bottom bracket heights. It's always seemed a bit weird to ride a shorter travel bike with a bb height the same or taller than my sunday. Mountain bike action tested a carbon 650b stumpjumper with 150mm travel and a bottom bracket they claimed was 12.75 inches high and were happy with it. I measured mine at about 330mm/13 inches which is what I expected given the pivot is claimed as 13.6 inches with 155mm travel and going with 26 inch wheels should drop that by 10mm. I've spent the last month or so with a 650b wheel with a 2.4 high roller 2 stuffed in the lyric just to try 650b out, which raised the bb and slackened the head angle, so that might colour my impressions a bit. Nomads are 13.2 or so claimed IIRC, so the 26 inch wheel might be just too low in that case.

Last edited: