27.5" GT Fury

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Shit yeah, best looking GT downhill bike in years I reckon. The team kit and bike colours are a great match.

heavyp

You heard it here first
How awkward do the 2 of the left look in the team photo haha.

I thought GT would of had a carbon version of this bike but I guess they can milk the 27.5" market for a bit and then by the end of the season we will see them on a carbon bike that will be labeled non production as they have to sell here 27.5" version first.

Im still waiting to win the lottery so I can approach GT and get them to make a modern day Lobo :thumb:

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I thought GT would of had a carbon version of this bike but I guess they can milk the 27.5" market for a bit and then by the end of the season we will see them on a carbon bike that will be labeled non production as they have to sell here 27.5" version first.
My money's on a carbon frame for the team riders is around the mid-season point. That gives them a few months to make sure the geo is dialled now that they've gone 650b over 26, got to assume that's the only reason they didn't go carbon last year.

driftking

Wheel size expert
How awkward do the 2 of the left look in the team photo haha.

Im still waiting to win the lottery so I can approach GT and get them to make a modern day Lobo :thumb:
I think its part timing too.
As riders are moving to 650b it makes sense that lots of the production and testing will be done on the alloy until everything is really nailed down, testing is one thing but in season seems to really show the bikes faults more. It is surprising they are still on alloy, but from what I gather the bike is quite light as it is.

I do worry about that rear axle mount it just looks so unsupported. I would like to know why they haven't chosen to go carbon, I would make lots of sense to as you say, release this sell heaps than release a carbon later in the year.