28 hole 29er rims - suggestions

Mtb1speed

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, I'm after suggestions for a decent light to medium weight 28 hole 29er rim. I'm having no luck at all tracking one down. Anyone out there got any ideas?

Reason for the search is that I'm having a new rear built and was hoping to use the original jetblack front hub to have a lighter front built as well, but the front hub is 28h not the more familiar 32h.

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
velocity do a blunt in 28h for 29in. not on their website, but available if you have your dealer call them. bontrager do one too, but that isn't available as a rim only. DT swiss do their excellent x400 29er (formerly the 470 and the 450 29er) in 28h too. That's about it for rims that don't cost excessive monies.

Mtb1speed

Likes Dirt
velocity do a blunt in 28h for 29in. not on their website, but available if you have your dealer call them. bontrager do one too, but that isn't available as a rim only. DT swiss do their excellent x400 29er (formerly the 470 and the 450 29er) in 28h too. That's about it for rims that don't cost excessive monies.
Any idea who I can get one of the Dt Swiss rims through. My net search has failed to find any online retailers selling them. The velocity rims are a bit heavy for what I'm looking for - awesome rim for day to day duties though.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Easton Havens as well, but not sure if their sold as rims only. A word of caution, the DT Swiss X400 (well, in 26inch at least) are pretty soft, so if it's really rocky where you ride and you run tubeless you may want to run a few more psi.