28t Front chain ring

whitey_lowrider

Likes Dirt
Hey guys quick question.

Does anyone know where to get a 28t chain ring that will fit a set of truvativ holzfelors cranks?

I no Lance McDermott ran his Scott with a 28t Front chain ring, but I cant for the life of me find an actual ring. Ive tried black spire, race face and shimano.

Any help?

Thanks

bipyjamas

Likes Dirt
Here you go.

It'll mount onto the granny position (64 BCD)

Ultimately it might be easier to source bits and bobs if you switch over to BMX cranks.

EDIT: Also having the ring mounted on the granny position might really screw up your chain line if you're using it in a single ring setup unless you space it out using a wider BB.

Last edited:

whitey_lowrider

Likes Dirt
Here you go.

It'll mount onto the granny position (64 BCD)

Ultimately it might be easier to source bits and bobs if you switch over to BMX cranks.

EDIT: Also having the ring mounted on the granny position might really screw up your chain line if you're using it in a single ring setup unless you space it out using a wider BB.

Yeh I understand all that. I am not sure if I have 64bcd on these cranks there OEM ones I think the tabs dont have threads.

Is there any chain rings that run on 104. Any1 know what Lance McDermot ran on his scott yzo voltage. Its pretty much the exact setup I want to run...everone talks about this magical 12-28 ration but I carnt fiind a ring.

I am doing this on the cheap so chaining cranks is not an option.

Thanks tho.

Dicky

Punter God
You can't get a 28t ring to fit 104bcd - it's physically impossible.

Extralite make a 30t, but they're rare, fairly expensive and really only designed for XC race bikes.

Besides, 32:14 is pretty close.