29er or 26 inch

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
They don't make it anymore... They did have a full blown XC race bike back in 2008 ish.

I fail to see the logic in it in an XC bike. DH rig I get but in an XC bike... I don't see it's use.

ChopSticks

Banned
OP,

You will have to excuse all the nonsense, these people can be a little hostile! Have considered running the 29 front, 26 rear, then 2 x 20 inch for training wheels?
bahahahahaha PP !!
I was actually reading that... and for a split second felt guilty... then you finish it off with a killer ending !

I wonder if it would work the other way around?
what? 5" training wheels up front with a 29 up back?

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can actually run 29er wheels on a 26" bike, but generally with little more than 700x25 road tyres - I ran an old steelie like this as a com-mutant - carbon rigid forks, 700c tyres, discs, 30/46 dual ring up front, 700mm bars.

At the OP: That said, if that is not what you are trying to achieve. No. Just no.

kofler

Likes Bikes

yeppp ! you sure can.... might just mean you wont fit a tube/tyres on there though ;)

how about you give some more information... what bike/frame do you have? what tyres are you/ do you want to run?
the more info you give.... the better quality replies you get..... with a thread starter like that... be prepared to get blasted with stupid replies ;)
it was just a question that i always wanted to know the answer to