29er SS wheels. Custom Build or prebuilt?

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just bought a 29er sser. Wanting to upgrade the wheel set. Has a sun rim, and a no name hubset at the moment. Wondering what other 29er riders recomend. Custom built wheel's or over the counter jobbies.

Personally I love the hope hubs so I'll probably get a set bulit up, so the 2nd question is.

What rims are people liking at the moment??

I weigh 105kgs, so they need to take a bit of weight. I will build them up on 36 hole hubs as well for that little extra meat.

fatnold

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What rims are people liking at the moment??

I weigh 105kgs, so they need to take a bit of weight. I will build them up on 36 hole hubs as well for that little extra meat.
I am unable to articulate just how impressed I am with Stans Flow rims. Light for their width and intended purpose. Stiff, strong easy to seat tyres(for tubebless) Just generally rockin'. 36h not required. I'm using 32h. I'm 100kg and my 29er does not get an easy life. Rims are still true.

rockin' rims......rockin'

oh, my girl runs Stans Arch on her 29'er they seem pretty good as well if your looking for something lighter. Too narrow for my liking though.

Flows are rockin'.

Does anyone know where I can get No Tubes (Stan's) 29er rims in Oz (preferably Canberra)? I got mine with my bike from the US but busted the front beyond repair and am looking to replace the very average replacement I found.

Every tyre I put on the No Tubes without a tube seated and sealed with no problems - they are awesome tubeless rims.

mushroom

Likes Dirt
www.twowheelsenterprises.com.au

Send them your weight and requirements and they'll give you a price and build. I haven't used their wheels, but checked them out when I was thinking about making up a customer 29er. They seem to get good reviews from all who use them. They do Stan's builds too.