29er under $1500

scotty thommo

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys

im thinking about upgrading to a 29er and was wondering what i can get for arround $1500 that is decently speced

dosnt matter if it is second hand or brand new

krisko

Likes Dirt
Avanti Competitor 29.1 Carbon, are selling for $1800 in Canberra.
Recon fork and mix of XT and Deore.
Later on throw on a light weight wheelset and hammer you shall, unless you mount the fork backwards and take pictures only to be ridiculed....

scotty thommo

Likes Dirt
Avanti Competitor 29.1 Carbon, are selling for $1800 in Canberra.
Recon fork and mix of XT and Deore.
Later on throw on a light weight wheelset and hammer you shall, unless you mount the fork backwards and take pictures only to be ridiculed....
Where abouts in Canberra are these???
I was having a look around Melbourne and theses are going for around $2600

tcp13equals2

Likes Bikes
so i found the shop that sells them cheap

and now im deciding between the first 3????

http://www.bikesuperstore.com.au/index.php

i like the avanti cause its carbon but boath the scotts look good :/
Both the Scott and Avanti bikes are great bikes - and the component configurations are solid. I know that the Bike Superstore has limited sale stock of these bikes, so I'd suggest that you give them a call and have a chat.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would go for the Avanti Competitor 29.1 (carbon) over the Scott Elite 29er they both could do with a QR15 fork up front, apart from that assuming the Avanti is a bit lighter, they have similar complementary, Avanti make a good bike and it would have a lifetime warranty on frame - I would check this, important.

Would want to test ride Avanti to ensure it's not a dog handling wise, but hopefully it's a dialed in rig. Be aware that you are buying a more race orientated bike, so my thoughts are these kind of bikes like to be ridden aggressively. It's a very good price!!!!!!!

JORG

Squid
Here's a good place to start to see what's around:

bikexchange 29ers

There's plenty of options out there.
+1 for 2nd hand. Just picked up my first 29er, (albeit a Giant XTC) for $1300 in great condition on eBay. There seem to be more and more available on the 2nd hand market these days, you just need to be patient when looking.

jean5614

Likes Dirt
Jamis dragon 1 was a good buy at much less than 1500. Juicy three hydraulics, not cables, and steel too! I swapped it all on to a Voodoo Dambala and still came out around 1500. Could do a lot worse.