29er XT Wheelset - Need a spoke

a wombat

Likes Bikes
I have Shimano 29er wheels - WH-MT75.

Unfortunately, I broke a spoke and Shimano Australia does not bring the spokes into Australia. My LBS can not help either....

Does anyone know where I could get the spokes from ?

Or does anyone have a busted wheel they could take some spokes off and sell me ???

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bugger - surprised Shimano aren't offering spares on these. Bit poor really, especially since you can buy the wheels locally.

A 2nd set might be the only way otherwise - have you checked CRC etc?

ronster44

Likes Dirt
I have a set of 26` xt`s and got spokes throught my lbs no worries, now cones for the same wheels been waiting two months for not happy:mad:

woollybut

Likes Bikes
I have a set of 26` xt`s and got spokes throught my lbs no worries, now cones for the same wheels been waiting two months for not happy:mad:
I have been waiting a month for spokes for my XT wheelset - apparently there is none in the country my LBS is waiting for a shipment!

krisko

Likes Dirt
Shimano Aus if your reading this.....

Same thing happened to me with my XTR wheelset and my mates XT wheelset.

Cronar

Likes Dirt
Sorry, I can't help the OP, but i can see a theme starting here.

For me it was about 5 months to get an axle for a rear XTR Hub plus I personally destroyed about 5 XT rear hubs. Never going near Shimano wheelsets ever again.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
This is why proprietry wheels aren't worth the bother. Send an email to CRC they can usually source all of this kind of stuff even if it isn't listed on their website.

a wombat

Likes Bikes
gee, i thought i was just unlucky as the rims were 29er ones... but it sounds like we are all getting stooged around ! not good !

i will try CRC thanks. didn't realise they could get other stuff for you.

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just checked Shimano webshop for you. They don't even list it as a spare part which makes it look like they never have and don't plan to stock them. Poor form!

The butting profile is the same as a DT Swiss Competition spoke, which are available from Dirtworks. If it's a standard straight pull spoke then you'll be able to order the correct spoke, no modifications needed. I'm not too familiar with the wheels but it looks like the spokes are threaded at both ends? If thats the case you'll just have to get the spoke slightly longer (~4mm), cut the end off and thread the other end (need to find a shop with a spoke threader).

woollybut

Likes Bikes
I have ended up buying a pack of 20 XT spokes ($80) as they don't sell individual spokes... according to my LBS, pretty poor I think

a wombat

Likes Bikes
Just an update, Shimano Australia have some 29er spokes coming at the end of the month and you can get them through your LBS apparently....