VIC 3 Hour Major Pain 14th Sept

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt

Hi everyone,

Just letting you all know that the "Major Pain" enduro is back on again this year. The date is Saturday, 14th September, 2013. The cost for this great event is, $35.

On the day rego will be available up to 12.30pm. Racing starts at 1pm and hope to have the last person over the finish line by 4.30pm. Presentations will be straight after.

Again we would like to thank Leigh Egan Cycles for sponsoring the event once more. Classes for the event are:

Open Male and Female
Single Speed
Over 40's
Under 21.

Prizes for the event for the top 3 in the Open, Single Speed and Over 40's is, MONEY! Prize money is as follows:

(1) $200
(2) $125
(3) $75

The Under 21 will be given prizes that our sponsors have generously donated.

The course is all marked out at Mt Major, just follow the black arrows. Ride to the second road crossing and back down again. The schools loop at the bottom is also part of the course. That part of the track is not marked as the gates are locked. That part of the course is 1km in length. The other 4km is all rideable. The loop will be around the 5km in length. We have taken out the long rock garden (runs beside the road) before the second road crossing, and rerouting the track below it to make the event more friendly for those new to mountain biking.

Online entry: https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=1566

More shortly, but that is all for now. Remember to keep an eye on our Facebook and www.gvmtbc.com page as well for updates.

Cheers
GV Mtb Crew

Solo Male
Lucas Sproson
Andrew Low
Brenton Shields

Solo Female
Melanie Pellas

SS
Steve Brindle

Male +40
Myles Higgins

Last edited:

lloydo

Likes Dirt
i like how the rocks have been tamed down a bit. and the new bit that bypasses the long rock garden halfway up is also nicer.

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
There is one on the 11th August. Marty, Bundy and the rest if the crew will be out there.

I won't be there, Im commissairing the cyclocross in Melbourne that weekend. Something different.

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
There has been some work done to the track over the last few weeks. All that needs attention is the little rock garden along the fence due to the sheep. We will be doing that on Saturday.

Apart from that, the track is rolling and flowing very well.

lloydo

Likes Dirt
the tracks changed quite a bit lately, with all the new bit of track and the track work been done, its like half the tracks new. cant wait

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
Officially "in" now. What sort of training plan should I commence?
Beer, maybe a pale ale or strong stout.
Some regulars will sprout the virtues of Bundy as a training aid. Helps numb that burning sensation in the legs.
Cheers.
MH

Bundy boy

Likes Dirt
I did 5 laps today and averaged around 19minutes a lap, but that was on a .....dare l say it........ a geared bike. Oh the shame, l miss my SS. No matter how long l spend in the shower the geared filth will not come off.
The track is in great condition, l rode my hardtail with a set of Maxxis crossmark on and the grip was always there. Up to that moment l rode a section of track on the back of the hill and put a 1 inch gash in my rear tire ( only put on a couple of days ago :( ) Track that IS NOT a part of the enduro loop.

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
So what are you riding next Saturday Bundy?
Orange Crush?
HT with variable ration transmission?
The lounge chair so you can bomb down the rollercoaster with complete abandon and hit the little kicker?
Thinking I`ll take the Karate Monkey myself.
Other half might use my Niner and the young bloke is keen to give it a go as well.
Weather is looking OK for the day as well.
Cheers.
MH

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
..... and then I go and break something.
Looks like its gears for me on Saturday. Slashed a tire and dented the rear on my SS this morning.
Bugger.
Oh well. Less competition for Stevob now. (Like I was ever going to be a threat)
Weather is looking good for the race.
Cheers.
MH

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
..... and then I go and break something.
Looks like its gears for me on Saturday. Slashed a tire and dented the rear on my SS this morning.
Bugger.
Oh well. Less competition for Stevob now. (Like I was ever going to be a threat)
Weather is looking good for the race.
Cheers.
MH
I don't think I'll be taking it out MH. No training whatsoever. Carrying a bit of extra "baggage" too. Also getting my brakes bled today, so that will slow me down a bit more ;).

We'll be up there nice and early to pre-ride the course.

Looking forward to it immensely.

Bundy boy

Likes Dirt
I am planning on being there on Friday to put a bit of bunting up and hope to get a couple of laps in, so feel free to join me.