VIC 3 Races, 3 Hours, 3 different months. The GMBC GAZEBO SERIES. DEC 7, Jan 31, March 2

akashra

Eats Squid
Just wondering if dogs are allowed in the Kurrajong area where the race will be held?
My bf will be coming along to watch as his bike is currently in the workshop so was thinking of bringing the dog along if permitted.
I have mine out at events every now and then, as do others. The main thing with PV venues are that unless they're designated off-lead areas, they have to be on a lead at all times, which isn't a hard rule to follow.

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/305099/Walking-your-Dog-Brochure.pdf

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
C U In the Morning. Race starts 9am.

have fun and enjoy race one.

c U at the Youies.

thanks for all the posts and interest in our race.

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
That went well didn't it? Perfect weather, perfect course, perfect trails, perfect organisation, and (from where I was sitting) perfect behaviour by all the riders.

It doesn't come any better than this.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well that didn't hurt AT ALL!.. Probably because I am so buggered I can't feel anything any more. Good race the weather turned on for us and the track was dry and fast :)
Hopefully my riding was good enough for anything but last in A Grade :p

Well done guys on putting on another FANTASTIC event! :loco:

JESSKA

Likes Bikes
Agreed, awesome day for it!!! Nice fast flowy tracks :) & all the riders that overtook me (& there were lots of them) were very polite when passing. I had a ball!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Really fun event, thank you GMBC! Lovely weather, great trails - I only saw 1 puddle which is pretty wild considering we nearly got hail in Melbourne on Wednesday. And yeah, the fast dudes were very polite when passing.

espo

Squid
First event for me for a while and I really enjoyed it. You have got to love the gmbc event formula. Great turn out as well.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
Thanks Mother Nature.

Oh Mother nature , thanks for smiling on us today.
Great turn out
Wonderful weather
track slightly sticky on not too dry
Really great happy vibe from all the riders.
You all raced fast but put the fun first and everyone seemed to have a great day.
Alan came up with a pearler of a track.

thanks for coming down to the youies.

See you all for our Friday 3 hour Twilight race #2 after Christmas. ( please not too much training over the break because I don't want to come last at the next race)

kind regards
GMBC Race Crew.

DoubleD

Likes Dirt
OMG I can barely walk. Great event, I just wish the course had been a couple of minutes longer so I didn't have to do that last lap

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
That was a stack of fun! Great course, great organisation & great attitude from every rider I encountered on track, both when passing and being passed, awesome stuff! :smile:

Bring on the nocturnal Round 2! :dance:

rsclio

Likes Dirt
Thanks GMBC for an awesome day

Was a day that will stick in my memory for a long time
Did the 1st 3 laps racing against another couple of blokes in C grade
My 14yo was racing in the 2 hr came in 4th
Then I did the last 2 laps with my 12 yo doing his 1st non kids race
It was absolutely awesome to be able to share this with him he had a ball - loves chainsaw down through the jumps track.
He commented that everyone was so nice when passing us
thanks again to the Gellong guys and girls who put on a well run race on a fantastic course
mike

Last edited:

DoubleD

Likes Dirt
Why did so many people finish early?
It was tough out there, with a lap taking about 30 minutes 40 for the slower riders it's not a hard call to pull in early if putting in another laps means you'll be doing 3 1/2 hours racing instead of 2:50.

Lots of people were cramping. I passed the B grade leader when he was was pulled over with cramps, and I probably passed 4 or 5 others beside the track massaging or stretching out cramps. I was cramping in calves, thighs, etc from about the 2 hour mark and I drank over 2 litres during the event. :mmph:

ringburner

Likes Bikes
Yes!

That was a stack of fun! Great course, great organisation & great attitude from every rider I encountered on track, both when passing and being passed, awesome stuff! :smile:

Bring on the nocturnal Round 2! :dance:
+1, ripper of an event. So well run. So much pedalling... wow, that certainly hurt. Thanks GMBC - you put on an amazing event.

Round 2 - have to be one of the best on the calendar. So good. Can't wait.