VIC 3 X 3 x 3 Gazebo Series @ the Youies 3 hour Enduro 3 rd Dec 3rd feb and 3rd March

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
3 races, for 3 hours on the 3rd day of each month. The GMBC Gazebo series.
is 3 your lucky number ?
Do you have a 3 x 3 meter pop up Gazebo?
Do you want to race for three hours?
In 3 Different months, all on the 3rd day of each month?

Then Geelong Mountain bike club has the 3 x 3 x 3 Gazebo Series.
When December 3rd 2011 for 3 hours
February 3rd 2012 for 3 hours
And March 3rd 2012 for 3 hours.

More information to follow in 3 min, 3 days or 3 weeks.
Go to www.GMBC.com.au

Starts this Saturday

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
here is the "more infomation. pls print out the entry form and bring with you.

Yes, get out to the You Yangs (hopefully the tracks will have dried off!) by Saturday morning for the first Gazebo solo Enduro.

Low key, solo only racing with one and two hour formats for juniors. Easy courses to suit all levels of ability.
Sat 3rd Dec 2011Rego 7:30am-8:30am, Racing 9am-12noon
Kurrajong Picnic Area
Grades A, B, C & Women (3 hours), Junior 15-18yrs (2 hours) and Junior 12-14yrs (1 hour).
Entries on the day only:
$20 GMBC members, $25 other MTBA-members, $10 MTBA-juniors, $50/$65/$25 series entry.
Non-MTBA members $40 adults, $15 juniors (includes Day Licence/Permit)

Be there early to get your entry sorted! Better still - print the entry form from the Events page and fill it in before you get there!

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
3 becomes 10 , Gazebo postponed till 10th Dec. (the following sat)

Unfortunately, the You Yangs have taken a real hit of rain this past week. Today discussion with Parks Vic led us to the conclusion that we should postpone the Gazebo race to allow the Kurrajong area to dry out. The Rangers will probably keep the Kurrajong area closed until Monday.

So, the race will now be:
Saturday 10th December

Rego 7:30am-8:30am (be there early or miss out!)
Racing 9am-12noon
Kurrajong Picnic Area, You Yangs Regional Park, enter from Branch Rd, Lara

Grades: A, B, C & Women (3 hours),Junior 15-18yrs (2 hours) and Junior 12-14yrs (1 hour).

Entries on the day only:
$20 GMBC members, $25 other MTBA-members, $10 MTBA-juniors, $50/$65/$25 series entry (3 races).
Non-MTBA members $40 adults, $15 juniors (includes Day Licence/Permit)

Be there early to get your entry sorted! Better still - print the entry form from the Events page and fill it in before you get there!
it is still on Only a week latter
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
3 hour Gazebo series this saturday is on. 9am start at duck Pond School. .

Entries on the day.
Fun club level racing.
Enter on the day but please get there early and if you can print of the entry form and bring it with you that will help save time.
Race starts at 9am.
entries open 7.30am

Here is the entry form:please print it off and bring it on the morning to save time.http://www.gmbc.com.au/cms-assets/documents/39734-8837.gazebo-series-entry-form-rd1.pdf

:laser::laser::laser::laser::laser::laser::laser::laser::laser::laser::laser:

Also PLS NOTE . NO Frills friday night will not run this friday!!!!! as we are racing the next morning.

Last edited:

quiggs

Likes Dirt
After a week of Yes, No I won't, Yes I will. I will definately be there looking fwd to it not sure how the body will hold up, who cares great chance to blast around Youies for a few hours on a spanking new bike with some mates :clap2: Happy Days

How could you argue with a $20 entry and being organised by a club that puts on a well organised event!

quiggs

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
entry form print out link

glad to here all the happy responses.

Remember this is no frills type club racing, nothing too fancy, a great track , all welcome and heaps of fun, As entries are on the day, if you could help us out and print off the entry form, fill it out and bring it on the day. Pls try and be early. entry opens 7.30am race starts 9 am

here is the link to the entry form to fill out

http://www.gmbc.com.au/cms-assets/do...y-form-rd1.pdf

quiggs

Likes Dirt
glad to here all the happy responses.

Remember this is no frills type club racing, nothing too fancy, a great track , all welcome and heaps of fun, As entries are on the day, if you could help us out and print off the entry form, fill it out and bring it on the day. Pls try and be early. entry opens 7.30am race starts 9 am[/url]
So what, no $15000 worth of COLD HARD CASH and no support from a factious bike chain company :) Just simple good cool fun racing laughing having a good time racing with mates

Quiggs

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
c u there.

So what, no $15000 worth of COLD HARD CASH and no support from a factious bike chain company :) Just simple good cool fun racing laughing having a good time racing with mates

Quiggs
Maybe? just maybe??? there could even be a small bite size piece of chocolate for a winner.

serowe

Likes Dirt
3 races, for 3 hours on the 3rd day of each month. The GMBC Gazebo series.
is 3 your lucky number ?
Do you have a 3 x 3 meter pop up Gazebo?
Do you want to race for three hours?
In 3 Different months, all on the 3rd day of each month?

Then Geelong Mountain bike club has the 3 x 3 x 3 Gazebo Series.
When December 3rd 2011 for 3 hours
February 3rd 2012 for 3 hours
And March 3rd 2012 for 3 hours.
Can you just confirm the date for Feb pls?

Feb 3 is a Friday (Feb 2012 being in a leap year Mar dates are out by 1 day from Feb next year) - so is this meant to be an evening race or is this a mis-print? (trying to organise a calendar...)

serowe

Likes Dirt
Realise it is a Friday and just wanted to make sure as the day isn't mentioned anywhere and, even with a 6:30pm start, sunset that day is around 2030 so either a shorter race or the last hour will require lights (if the park remains open after sunset that is :)

And, as the park web site shows this:

Opening hours

The Park is open from 8.00am to 4.30pm year round.

Extended hours apply during daylight savings on weekends and public holidays from 8.00am - 6.00pm.
You Yangs Regional Park

just trying to clarify.

GMBC

Squid
Hi Stephen,

The park is open those hours, correct, well, the gates are open those hours, the park has 24 hour access however.

The race on the 3rd of Feb is the Friday night, the last hour or so will require lights, racing will be from 7 - 10. Should be a ripper.

Let us worry about our permits and park permissions, riders need to worry about the riding, and anyone else needs to worry about whatever they need to worry about. GMBC and You Yangs Inc have a fantastic relationship with Parks Vic, rest assured that no racing will take place without their blessing.

Cheers,

GMBC Crew.

Last edited:

serowe

Likes Dirt
No problem, no worries - I was putting the date(s) into my calendar and the Friday obviously stood out like my dog used to :)

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
Awesome event, well done GMBC crew!

The temp really shot up shortly after the start, I was thankful it went overcast during the 3rd hour. For a course with no hills everyone looked absolutely gutted at the end. Can't wait for the next round, but I'll be going to gears because I was actually losing time on the downhills, not the uphills as everyone thinks is the case on a SS.

bunchie34

Likes Dirt
Yep, fantastic. Great event! Really enjoyed myself, really friendly atmosphere and very well run. Surprised to grab second spot in C.....so surprised didn't have a team jersey and have been docked points for that. Bugger. :eek:range: