ACT 350 x 2.75 Spring (for glory)

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, title really says it all im after a 350x2.75 spring(i think, i weigh 65Kg) it needs to fit the glory. I am able to trade a pair of TLD knee guards.
Just chuck me a pm if you have one :)

driftking

Wheel size expert
yeah 350 works out well in the calculators (I decided to check while I have nothing to do)
Also remember a fox 2.8 will fit in too due to the way fox label the springs.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
yeah 350 works out well in the calculators (I decided to check while I have nothing to do)
Also remember a fox 2.8 will fit in too due to the way fox label the springs.
just to correct ... everybody else's 2.8 = fox 2.75
everybody else's 3 = fox 3.25

The important measurement is the free length IMO ... as long as your spring free length sits in the adjustment range between the collars ... you can run a bigger stroke with reduced rate and gain a little weight saving.

ie, 3" strokes will work with 2.8" stroke shocks ... provided the spring free length is within the adjustment range

driftking

Wheel size expert
just to correct ... everybody else's 2.8 = fox 2.75
everybody else's 3 = fox 3.25

The important measurement is the free length IMO ... as long as your spring free length sits in the adjustment range between the collars ... you can run a bigger stroke with reduced rate and gain a little weight saving.

ie, 3" strokes will work with 2.8" stroke shocks ... provided the spring free length is within the adjustment range
did you get that backwards? fox is a 2.8 everyone else is 2.75 isn't it?
Fox always go higher as they label them at coil bind not stroke length.

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
your right sorry ...

NB. Fox mark springs by quoting the maximum travel the spring will go to before it becomes coil-bound. e.g. 1.65 = 1.5" stroke, 2.35 or 2.38 = 2.0" or 2.25" stroke, 2.8 = 2.5" or 2.75" stroke & 3.25 = 3.00" stroke. BOS mark their springs by quoting the free length e.g. 140 = 2.5" or 2.75" stroke, 160 = 3.0" stroke & 180 = 3.5" stroke

http://www.tftunedshox.com/info/spring_calculator.aspx