360's help?

timbo #48 STP

Likes Dirt
i was practicing 360's today, and my best so far was probably like 240.
i would have keep trying, but i smashed my hip on a rock when i came off.
are there any hints or tips on getting 3's dialed? or just keep chipping away till you land it. :confused:

thanks lads.
Tim

edit: 200th post!

Last edited:

djrider

Likes Dirt
look at your rear axle in the air, when you spot the landing keep looking at that and straighten your head and body as your bike comes around. just keep practicing and you will get it.

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
look at your rear axle in the air, when you spot the landing keep looking at that and straighten your head and body as your bike comes around. just keep practicing and you will get it.
Pretty much spot on, except when I was learning I was landing on the back wheel a lot so it helps to hold the back brake if you run one, or just try to slightly dip it.

my_bike

Likes Dirt
If your landing on your back wheel try to dip more by looking at your ass or tire (whichever floats your boat). But you just have to keep looking till you want to stop.

M.artin

Arrow Racing
Do what everyone else says. But ive also found that when you are starting to feel more comfortable in the air and in your spin, About 180-270 degrees through the spin, start pulling your rear wheel up into your body to flatten the bike out. so as to land on both wheels. (Sort of do a mid-air hop, but only pull the rear higher) - Also gives you a little more airtime to get around.

Its a good way to learn what it feels like to land both wheels and then from there you can start to learn nose down 3's

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
turn off the upramp try not to carve at all, only about 1cm to 2cm if needed, no point only washes off speed and height.
then as your leaving lean the way you want to spin, straighten out your arms and look down like straight down at the ground pick something to look at but dont consentrate to hard, remember your spining away from it.
gets pretty easy after awhile.
if there is a big enough jump try a flatspin it will work alot easier.
just lauch like you would a backflip looking back till your about vert then pull across and look down while pulling heaps.

youll get the hang of it.

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
spin spin spin, just keep looking over your shoulder as mentioned above or do a search

DirtParkStreet

Likes Dirt
practise makes perfect bro, sometimes reading into tricks too much can confuse you even more, just practise practise practise and eventually you'll get it.

learning them flyout or a small tame jump will help you out alot also.