36T/38T chaindisc/sprocket for 3-pc cranks

Chieftain

Likes Bikes
ah, me first post. :D

hi fellas,

i run a Blackspire 42T ring upfront but it's killing me knees coz i ride everywhere with 1 bike. Would like to know what brand chaindiscs u guys use.. i would buy Blackspire again, but they're pretty pricey and so, im keeping me options open to suggestion.

36/38T for 3-pc cranks. ideas?

Rik

logged out
BMX-style 3pce, where it mounts onto the axle and has one bolt to keep it all together?

If so, there's plenty of brands that do cheap 39t cogs, if you want 36t they're not as available, but you can still get them all the way down to 30t for BMX if you wanted. Odyssey is a good place to start for all sizes.

Chieftain

Likes Bikes
Fuzzy - even if Shimano made 3-pc rings, i'd still wont buy 'em. Shimano rings sold separately still aren't cheap. :wink:

Rik- yeah, 3-piece, but i run gears at the back, so i can't just go get a bmx one, they don't fit mtb chains well don't they?

FSA makes some for 8/9 speed chains.. anyone using 'em?

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
try profile bmx chainrings, they make som real wacked out sizes, (im running a 41t profile imperial chainring) and they have ones fit mtb chains, which is 3/32, which is the same size as most BMX racing chains..try them out
www.profileracing.com