38mm+ riser bars opinions

slowmick

38-39"
Alloy bars for the win. You're big enough to put serious loads on the bars and not padded enough to have them snap....

gillyske

Likes Dirt
So I spent the money on a crash helmet but I'm back in the game and I just saw this...

There's a V2 version at over twice the price now but these seem to review well too. It's either these or the Chromag FU40 (black).

Thoughts?
I have a set of them. They seem easily as solid as an aluminium bar and they kinda do have a bit of dampening compared to an alloy bar.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In my experience not all carbon bars feel the same regarding damping.

My Raceface ones are lovely. The Bontrager Line Pro ones are the stiffest things ever. Almost uncomfortably so.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
So I spent the money on a crash helmet but I'm back in the game and I just saw this...

There's a V2 version at over twice the price now but these seem to review well too. It's either these or the Chromag FU40 (black).

Thoughts?
Buy the alloy version.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I'm ordering the FU50 today. I was holding out for the Gun Metal colour but it's not likely to come back in stock soon so I'll go the black.

If it's a little on the high side I can always swap some spacers and drop the bar another 5mm or so.

After this are new shades, shoes and brakes.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
[QUOTE="HamboCairns, post: 3363908, member: 76957"

After this are new shades, shoes and brakes.
[/QUOTE]

Nooooooooo! Just order it all now. Life is too short! :D

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Nooooooooo! Just order it all now. Life is too short! :D
I wish, I have to save slowly which is why I've deliberated for so long on something as simple as a handlebar!
[/QUOTE]

So do I. I understand your pain. Just not the deliberating part. I make my mind up quickly, then wait for the money to build slowly.