3M reinforced packing tape

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Race tape??
It's not the same, but similar with crossed fillaments for strength.
Should be able to buy it from any auto shop like supercheap. etc

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Just out of curiosity what are you using it for mate?
I read where people have clear taped there frames and stuff from new. What do people use for that? Just a generic tape?

hathill

Likes Dirt
Just out of curiosity what are you using it for mate?
I read where people have clear taped there frames and stuff from new. What do people use for that? Just a generic tape?
I just want to use it as rim tape - little bit tougher than insulation tape.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, gorilla is a real pain to get off, but use some of the same tape to get the goo off and for whats left some goof off on a rag is a simple fix for the remote chance you need to remove it to rebuild a wheel.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've use the race tape I mentioned on most of my wheels. It works well, and only need one layer, just have to cut it to your desired width.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Masters home improvements have a small roll of Gorilla under $5. I used it to seal up rims for tubeless conversion. Worked a treat.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Hey Giles, pm me mate, i have a range of tapes we use for bookbinding that will do this job, might leave a little gum behind, but thats simple to get off with just water!
You can have a full roll of the stuff for nothing!

hathill

Likes Dirt
Hey Giles, pm me mate, i have a range of tapes we use for bookbinding that will do this job, might leave a little gum behind, but thats simple to get off with just water!
You can have a full roll of the stuff for nothing!
Thanks Todd - only just saw this. I managed to get a couple of rolls for the "right price" yesterday afternoon.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Thanks Todd - only just saw this. I managed to get a couple of rolls for the "right price" yesterday afternoon.
No probs mate, will have to get you down to winmalee, all that stuff i built is now finished and connected, doing a bit more to finish a 5km loop/section, its pretty xc oriented and rides unreal, mr cove rides it a lot, nobody has found it yet, but that will change, i an rides it now too, i have to fix the grotto run, it has fallen into disrepair, i havent seen it in over a year!!!!