4x - BSX racing in Melbourne

Ruys

Likes Dirt
I'm gonna cruise along to Park Orchards this Saturday (I'm assuming there's a race on). Anyone else gonna come down for a crack?

TOMRULES

Likes Dirt
The more people we get to come down to race 4X at Park Orchards the more fun we'll have. There will be a 4X class on today. Ill be racing 4X if there are enough riders for a class so come down and give it a crack!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damn. After reading this. I'm sure i could get a mate or two down. I just need to Build up my bike again!.
or just get a new one :p
so glad that clubs are making the effort :)

tanny

Likes Bikes
Tad annoyed I missed the last clubby but who can say no to a 21st? :p Will be there next week if it's running again

redbruce

Eats Squid
Im about to make the long drive down to Melbourne. Im going to get working on getting some more racing happening. Im just putting the feelers out with some BMX clubs to see if they would let me stick another couple of gates on at BMX meets for some 4x - BSX racing. Im just wondering how much support from riders there would be down in Melbourne. Anyone interested?
Already happens. Park Orchards BMX club in Stintons reserve, Park Orchards 4th saturday in the month. Register at 1pm for 2 pm racing start. Been going for 2 years.

Probably wont get much joy with other clubs, BMX,ers it seems want to stick to tradition.

You need a licence to race but a 3 ride permit only costs $20, or a day licence is $15

Pm me if interested.

OK now read the whole thread. Message is already out.

Last edited:

redbruce

Eats Squid
Good to see they are still running it.

How tuff is the competition (ie. do you jump the whole back straight?)?

i'm probably nowhere good enough to be anywhere near competitive.
If you are good enough all obstacles on the second straight (step up, two large doubles and a large triple) can be jumped, arguably easier on a 4X than on a 20" BMX (according to my son who can do that on his 20", my 24" cruiser and his STP).
Having said that havent seen anyone do it since he left (been lured to XC enduro racing) so reckon you are in with a chance.

Last edited:

redbruce

Eats Squid
Tad annoyed I missed the last clubby but who can say no to a 21st? :p Will be there next week if it's running again
If there are enough entrants we run a 4X division. If not they muck in with cruiser class.

So, get your mates there. 4 riders make a division.

AshR

Likes Dirt
was dead keen for the race, but Youies had a club race on last weekend, so helped out with that.

be up for the next one though :)

Raymo621

Likes Bikes
In Adelaide 4x is non existent apart from the Eagle Nationals. Started taking my hardtail to the 2 local bmx tracks last year and when i looked into it further discovered under uci rules that mtbs are full legal for cruiser class. Been doing lots of clubbies and trying to race as many of the state series rounds with the intention of racing state titles and possibly nationals start of next year in cruisers. Raced state series round at the beginning of the year on my Tazer dually (won't do it again, too slow haha) and raised a few eyebrows. Not many people are actually aware mtbs are legal for cruiser class but one look through the rule book clears that up. Best training for 4x, here in Adelaide all clubs train and race "every" week!!

Posted a helmetcam vid in the video section showing a clubbie final if you're interested