4X Parts Thread.

birdman

Likes Dirt
spec
frame: 2008 norco sasquach-Indetiti Krisis looks the goods, maybe you could get an arrow frame from martin?
forks: Revelations are pretty sick, recons maybe?
Wheels: Change wheels, get rhino lites if you want cheap or ex 5.1d's
Brakes:Leave the juicys, their all you need...
pedals: crank bros 5050/shimano spd no change
cranks: SLX, 140 with bb and chainrings on CRC
freewheel: shimano custom shimano 5 speed 20-11
chain: shimano kmc super light
tyres: F maxxis larson 2.35 R maxxis crossmark 2.1
bars: macmahone angus 30 cant change due to sponsership
stem: macmahone weevil 50mm with ti bolts cant change due to sponsership
seat: Get one of them Tioga Spiderweb seats
seat pole: Get an MRP 1.X, if you have a tight chain it should work sick.
wanna sell me your sanchez geared wheels haha
haye you seen my mech in first gear it looks like its about to rip off

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Avanti have gotten their shit together!

Haven't paid much attention to them in recent times. The derlikt had issues with cracking and weren't the greatest value. But just had a browse through their website. Fantastic! Very good deals. My (very) friendly local bike shop stocks avanti's...

Burrito_Boy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good to see a move in the right direction with sensible complete 4x bikes coming out that aren't too dear. Its a great form of cycling as it has many of the elements that people want to race/watch. The more people who can get on board and get into it the better for the sport if you ask me.

Like i know i'd much rather watch 4x on tv than say the pan pacific swimming titles :rolleyes:

k_d

Likes Dirt
Good to see a move in the right direction with sensible complete 4x bikes coming out that aren't too dear. Its a great form of cycling as it has many of the elements that people want to race/watch. The more people who can get on board and get into it the better for the sport if you ask me.

Like i know i'd much rather watch 4x on tv than say the pan pacific swimming titles :rolleyes:
I agree 100%
Even my parents don't mind watching 4x

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah its the kind of sport that anyone can enjoy, as it enbodies so many good traits, its competitive like car racing or football, but also has some strategy and 'extreme' traits.

Burrito_Boy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey I'm thinkning about tyre combos and I was wandering what you guys thought of this one.

Front: Moto Digger (26"x2.35")
http://www.dmrbikes.com/?Section=pr...category=22&CategoryName=Tyres&itemid=TYRDGRK

Rear: Moto RT (26"x2.2")
http://www.dmrbikes.com/?Section=pr...category=22&CategoryName=Tyres&itemid=TYRMOTW

Thanks,

Dan
There's better, lighter and gripper tyres our there mate. If your after that kinda thing, go like just dual larsen tt. 2.3 front and 2.0 rear. Or if you want more grip up front like a bling bling or something. Those dmr tyres weigh alot for not much gain.

The larsens arn't that light (2.35") around 1kg. the 2.0" larsen is light (around 500g), so I'll defs go with that as a rear.

I'm running the DMR Diggers front and rear right now, and they seem to work well. Just getting an idea of what other peeps say. I'm still open to ideas.

Thanks, for the help!

Chamakazae

Likes Bikes
For 4X I'd recommend something like a Maxxis Minion 2.35 on the front, and a Kenda Small Block 8 2.35 on the rear. IMO the Small Block 8 is the best rear tyre out there, unless you need lots of grip in the loose stuff. It rolls like a dream and has great traction on everything except really loose gravel or mud. Pretty light too, 290g for a folding 2.35.

Personally, I don't like the Larsen, though quite a few riders use it on the rear. It's rather heavy and doesn't have very good traction.

If you've got the cash, you can't really go past a Schwalbe Nobby Nic front and Racing Ralph rear. Awesome grip and fantastic rolling. However, they wear out rather fast, making them only really suitable for a racing tyre.

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
I'm running a similar setup, 2.25 Crossmark rear and a 2.5 Minion DHF up front. I like my 4x bike to feel like a mini version of my DH bike...

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Thought id post up details of the Shaman and Mozart Chain guides which are ideal for 4x for those who havent seen them before as alternative to the usual e13 etc.. both look very high quality with a heap of bling, and minimal weight..

Mozartt WoG
http://www.mozartt.com/en/chainguides
Mozartt Guides(both types) are now being sold in Oz at Blue MTN Bikes. Pm me for details.

Last edited:

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rod you are a Hawk with bringing in all the new nice stuff!!! Good to see someone bringing in different good quality components. cheers

Downhill_Only

Likes Dirt
New Stem

Hey Guys,

chasing a new stem for my 4x bike, looking for something strong, but light?

any suggestions? what are others running?

cheers Josh

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probs going to bite the bullet tomorrow and buy some X fusion Velour R's. I'll write up a little review as i know many people want/interested in them but are not sure.