50km enduro

Pezza65

Likes Bikes
You’ve seen the flyer, here’s the route!

How about treating yourself this Father’s Day with a little light exercise? I hope the instructions are easy to understand, but please post up any questions.

If you don’t want to ride but want to be there on the day, we will need a couple of volunteers for the checkpoints – one or two to hold the fort back at the car park on Bridge St, one or two for the checkpoint at Murphy’s Ck (could even be the same people). I’ve already got my girlfriend and lovely daughters volunteered for the Gazebo, but I’m sure they’d enjoy some company.

Looking forward to seeing you all next Sunday
:high5:

Attachments

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great work Perry.

You’ve seen the flyer, here’s the route!

How about treating yourself this Father’s Day with a little light exercise? I hope the instructions are easy to understand, but please post up any questions.

If you don’t want to ride but want to be there on the day, we will need a couple of volunteers for the checkpoints – one or two to hold the fort back at the car park on Bridge St, one or two for the checkpoint at Murphy’s Ck (could even be the same people). I’ve already got my girlfriend and lovely daughters volunteered for the Gazebo, but I’m sure they’d enjoy some company.

Looking forward to seeing you all next Sunday
:high5:

Wallens Road

Great Work Perry

You need the brakes in good nick for this ride - fast steep loose sections - Heed the warnings, guys - we don't need any injuries

Lloyd

conga

Squid
It looks like a fun ride, shame I can't make it this weekend. Props to Perry for organising with such little time.

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all,

Just a quick reminder that there is an organised club enduro ride on this Sunday. If you are a club member with an mtba race license or non-competitive license there is no cost for joining in. If you are a supporter member ($20 member) the cost will be $5 which pays for a social participation license. This covers insurance for events like this. If you know someone wanting to tag along and they are not a club member at all the cost will be $20 to enter which will cover the participation license and help any costs associated with running the event.

Please ensure you have the correct change as we will not be running a float.

Joel I hope this answers your question. The simple answer is $5 for you mate.

Last edited:

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
sorry if this has been asked somewhere else before, but have you got an idea how many vertical meters of climbing in this ride (to compare to the epic)?

I might give it a crack. Well done in organising it guys...

Pezza65

Likes Bikes
Hi Scott

There's about 1170m in the first 30km, then another 650m in the last 20km. So just over 1800m if you do the full 50km ...

Cheers

Perry

bobbob

Squid
keen as mustard

I'll be there for sure. 30KM and hopefully the 50KM. As I haven't got much training in for the EPIC this is such a great idea.

I am OK to bring TMBC member form on the day and join?

Pezza65

Likes Bikes
The Sunday torture test is almost upon us!

A reminder to all who might be new to tough endurance courses: eating and drinking throughout the ride are essential. While we are not riding in the wilderness and there will be a few pull-out points (as well as a water point at the Gazebo), it is better to give yourself the best chance by bringing plenty of food and water. Refer to the guidelines on the Epic website for some guidelines.

http://www.cycleepic.com.au/#!NUTRITION/c22o6

Also make sure that your bike (especially brakes) is in top condition.

Still looking for a volunteer or two to be available at the start line and Murphy’s Ck Rd turnaround. It could be just one person in a car (with a mobile phone) – plenty of time to see the bunch off, drive to Ballard, see the riders safely turned around and return to the start to see finishing riders in.

I have a few people lined up for the water point at the Gazebo, but I’m sure they might like some relief over the 5(ish) hours of the ride.

So if you know anyone who can lend a hand, please shout out.

Otherwise, see you Sunday

Perry