6" Dirt Jumpers

bassmonkey

Likes Dirt
I've been thinking about getting a hardtail lately and spotted an 04 Rampage today which looked really nice. I'm not sure about the 6" DJ's on it though. Has anyone had experience with these forks yet or heard any good juice about them? I was thinking I'd probably be better off with a 5" fork, but I don't really like my chances of being able to get the store to conveniently (read: cheaply or freely) swap the fork over. 6 inches seems a bit excessive to me for a DJ series fork if they behave like the 03 ones, but if they can be set up well for a nice plush, responsive feel they'd be pretty sweet I guess.

The bike'll mainly be (ab)used for trail riding.

ona rampage

Likes Dirt
I have recently picked up one of those...the fork feels sweet to me, but I am using it for urban, and everything I have read would say it isn't the fork for trail use....
For what I am using it for but it is fantastic, still haven't bottomed it out yet (but haven't gone nuts on it yet). Fantastic value for money bike but.

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ive got a set of '04 DJ2's on my FRM.
They are a heavy fork and theres not much in
the way of extrenal adjutment.
Ive yet to bottom them out, of the 6" travel
Ive only been able to use about 4 1/2".
but they feel sturdy as.
they have been beefed up over the '03 model.

im sure there are lighter ones out there

my2c

olsson

Likes Dirt
Well, if you dont like the DJII's. Then you can always sell them and go the DJIII's. As they are 4".
Whats with that this year.
1s and 2s are 6", the 3s are 4".
But the rampage is great this year, I would probably get it over the Manik, atleast its got SC